Kent ISD is proud to provide special education services and materials to not only our schools and educators, but also directly to the family members and caregivers. Below are links to documents, events and other websites and resources that you may find helpful.
A Parent's Guide to Navigating the IEP Process
The Kent ISD Special Education department, in collaboration with the Parent Advisors for Special Education (PASE), has developed this guide to make the Individualized Education Program (IEP) process more manageable and user friendly for parents. This guide should be used in conjunction with the Special Education Parent Handbook with Procedural Safeguards and other resources from Kent ISD and the Michigan Department of Education. Click here for a Spanish version of the parent guide.
Here Comes the Bus
GPS school bus tracking technology is available to all parents and guardians of Kent ISD special education students who ride Dean Transportation buses. This free service provides families with the ability to track the location of their students’ buses in real-time, either on a computer or a mobile device. Participation is optional.
- Shows the real-time location of your child’s bus on a map
- Gives scheduled and actual arrival times at home and school for bus routes
- Provides push and email notifications when the bus is near
Sign Up Instructions for Parents:
- Download the "Here Comes the Bus" app or visit herecomesthebus.com
- Click the "Sign Up" button.
- Enter school code 29983 and click "Next" followed by "Confirm."
- Complete the "User Profile" box.
- Under "My Students" click "Add." Enter your child's last name (up to 14 characters including a hyphen or a space) and student ID number.
- Once you confirm your information, you're ready to begin.
MiPSE Parent Portal
We are excited to announce that we now offer online access to MiPSE (Michigan PowerSchool Special Education) to view your child’s finalized educational documents. Click here to view the brochure for more information.