Current Statewide REMC Projects
- 21 Things for the 21st Century Educator - Online training for K-12 educators based on the National Educational Technology Standards for Teachers (NETS-T). Check the schedule to see when it is being offered through the Kent ISD.
- 21 Things for the 21st Century Administrator - K-12 administrators online training, based on the National Educational Technology Standards for Administrators (NETS-A). Future training available soon.
- 21 Things4Students - Project-based activities and resources for teaching and learning with educational technology. Aligned to the National Educational Technology Standards for Students (NETS-S), and the Michigan Educational Technology Standards for students (METS). Future training available soon.
- Connected Educator Series - The REMC funded Connected Educator Series brings the ideas and practices of exceptional technology using educators right to teachers and administrators in an easy to access, easy to use, cost-effective manner. Educators can access these weekly videos directly from their desktops and play or replay them at their convenience.
MI Streamnet delivers live and on-demand video resources to educators and the public, including professional development programming, curriculum content, and coverage of other educationally-related government events.
Michigan e-Library (MeL) K-12 Focused Resources
- Kids Gateway and the Teen Gateway - Reliable, age-appropriate and quality Internet resources that inform and stimulate the mind. And they're fun too!
- M.O.R.E. (Michigan Online Resources for Educators) - Teachers can find lesson plans interactive websites and other curriculum-based resources.
- MeL Michigana - Explore Michigan's heritage through this rare and unique history collection of photographs, documents, sound clips, and more.
- Test Prep & Tutorials - Practice tests for college, service careers, GED, and other online exams with instant scoring and analysis (login required).
- REMC Streaming Video (RSVP) - The REMC Association of Michigan and Discovery Education are collaborating to provide Michigan educators access to 293 full-length educational video titles through the REMC Streaming Video Project (RSVP) Collection. These titles, in the areas of health, mathematics, science and social studies, are aligned with the Michigan Curriculum Framework. The site contains an extensive image library, clip art gallery, and other teacher resources designed to accompany the video content.
Statewide Bid Project
REMC statewide bids are a service of local REMCs, intermediate school districts, and the REMC Association of Michigan. This program has been established through the rules and regulations of the State Board of Education that enable schools statewide to aggregate volume purchases, resulting in saved tax dollars and staff time.