Human Trafficking School Safety Protocol
The Kent ISD Human Trafficking School Safety Protocol (HTSSP) was created in collaboration with community partners and local district staff.
It is part of a comprehensive effort to recognize, respond, and report in order to prevent and intervene in incidences of suspected or confirmed cases of human trafficking. This protocol is used in combination with 3Strands Global Foundation’s PROTECT program—a researched based comprehensive curriculum which provides training for educators and prevention education curriculum for students.
The HTSSP will provide you with the tools to:
- Define the severe forms of trafficking in persons and how a student can be exploited;
- Recognize the life experiences that can make a student more susceptible to being trafficked and potential indicators to look for;
- Create a trauma-informed system that meets the immediate physical and psychological needs of possible and identified victims engaging with our school systems;
- Understand your role as you report suspected or confirmed cases of child trafficking and the necessary steps to follow; and
- Utilize local and national support services for students.
Interested in bringing the program to your district? Connect with Kent ISD's HTYPE Coordinator below: