Purchasing - RFPs/Bids
Our office is responsible for the purchasing of goods and services in keeping with the laws of the State of Michigan and the purchasing policies of Kent ISD. Our goal is to spend funds in the best way possible in support of improving the educational experience at Kent ISD.
Kent ISD uses Sigma VSS for any purchases above the current bid threshold of $28,048 as established by the Michigan Department of Education (MDE). Sections 623a, 1267, and 1274 of the Revised School Code establish a base above which competitive bids must be obtained and provide for an increase in the base that corresponds with increases in the Consumer Price Index.
Visit Sigma VSS for more information on any open Request For Proposals (RFPs).
- 2023 Aviation - CES Analog Trainer - RFP
- 2023 Mechatronics Epson Robots - waiting Board Approval
- 2023 Mechatronics Universal Robots - waiting Board Approval
- 2023 Auto Tech Lifts - waiting Board Approval
- 2023 Criminal Justice - Advanced Training System - waiting Board Approval
- 2023 Diesel Hydraulic Training System - waiting Board Approval
- 2023 Maintenance Bldg Roof Project - waiting Board Approval
- 2023 Precision Machining Equipment - Board Approval
- 2023 Kent ISD Sound Room - Board Approval
Did you Know?
- On a daily basis, our Custodial Team cleans nearly 300,000 SF of a total 447,065 SF at our Beltline Campus.
- The Maintenance Team is responsible for maintenance and repairs for 564,552 SF of building space.
- The Facilities Department manages 11 buildings.
- Our Buildings can be found in four different zip codes.
- One of our buildings contains a swimming pool.
- Our Data Center supports nearly 15 School Districts here in Kent County.