Our staff focuses on instruction and services for multilingual learners throughout Kent ISD. We build capacity with local districts through consultation, coaching, and technical assistance.
How We Can Support Your Local District
- Communication on updates, requirements, and resources to assist Special Populations
- Technical Assistance for Special Populations services, program design, evaluation, and compliance with state and federal requirements
- Consultation and Coaching for staff and administrators, including new program coordinators
- Coaching Cycles for staff on English Learner / Multilingual Learner instruction and supports (SCECHs available)
- Curricular and resource review, alignment, and selection
- Training on current state ELD standards and linguistic accommodations
- Supports for working with Newcomer students
- Data Reviews and Facilitated Discussions
- Targeted Professional Learning
Are you in need of coaching or consultation in any of these areas? Click here to request information from the Kent ISD Student Services Department.
Current Learning Networks
- EL Connect
- Countywide EL Leadership Team