Teaching & Learning
We Lead Learning
Teaching and Learning is the heart of education, where learner and teacher come together to build the knowledge, skills and attitudes that shape individuals and entire communities. One of the best known services of Kent ISD is our extensive professional learning.
Our goal is to lead learning by providing districts with up to date research based information. We have a variety of Teaching and Learning services available to assist you with curriculum implementation. We provide trainings onsite at Kent ISD as well as the building and district level. We offer many professional development opportunities including:
- Common Core State Standard Implementation
- Professional Learning Community Development
- Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment Support
- Differentiated Instruction/UDL/PBL
- Research Based Instructional Strategies
Learn more about Teaching and Learning Services and Supports available to your district.
Below is a list of resources that are intended to assist all those who teach or support learning. We are pleased with your interest in Teaching and Learning. Please contact us directly if you have any questions or comments. We welcome the opportunity to discuss with you the many options available for professional development.
- Professional Learning Resources Relative to Remote Learning
- School Closure Learning Continuity Resources
- COVID-19 Guidance Regarding Waiver of Professional Learning Hours Required for Certificate Renewal (District, Teachers, and Counselors)
- MAISA ELA Units
- MAISA Title I Professional Development Modules
- Next Generation Science Standards
- Common Core State Standards Initiative
- MDE Assessment Information
- College, Career, and Civic Life (C3) Framework for Social Studies