The Greater Grand Rapids Spelling Bee is a qualifying bee. The winner earns a spot and a trip to the prestigious Scripps National Spelling Bee! Spelling bees helps students to improve their spelling, expand their vocabularies, learn language concepts, and develop correct English usage that will help them all of their lives.
Tuesday, March 24th, 2020, 6:30 pm
Important 2020 Dates
Dates to remember for this year's Bee:
- School Spelling Bee Results reported to County Coordinator by January 28th
- Regional Spelling Bees on February 25th - Multiple Regional Sites
- Greater Grand Rapids Spelling Bee on March 24th - Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum, 303 Pearl NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504
2 Step Registration for Schools
Schools need to register with both Scripps AND the Greater Grand Rapids Spelling Bee in two steps. The spelling bee is for students grades 3-8.
You MUST register with Scripps no later than December 20th to participate in the Greater Grand Rapids Spelling Bee. A late fee of $75 dollars applies after October 15th.
If you are interested in having your child participate in the Spelling Bee, please contact your child's school building for more information.
Donate to the Bee
What will your donation do for the Spelling Bee?
Donations support study aids, regional awards, printing, postage, Greater Grand Rapids Spelling Bee refreshments and incentives, and help send our winner to compete in the Scripps National Spelling Bee!
Business Sponsorship Levels
See details of what each sponsorship includes
- $3,500 Presenting Sponsor
- $1,500-$3,499 Honey Hive
- $750-1,499 Honey Pot
- $500-$749 Bee Keeper
- $250-$499 Honey Bee
Foundation Sponsorship Levels
Multiple sponsorship levels allow foundations to select the one that fits them best.
- $1,000 helps pay to get our Great Grand Rapids Spelling Bee Champion to the Scripps National Spelling Bee
- $500 helps pay for Study Guides for students
- $250 helps pay for snacks for student participants during regional spelling bees
Considering a donation?
Please contact James Hissong