Kent ISD provides professional learning, training, and educational technology support for all public and private school districts in Kent County and beyond. We're dedicated to developing educators’ capacity to integrate technology in the classroom and support personalized learning options for students.
Please visit the I AM EDTECH site for more details and information about how we can enhance EDU for you.
In addition to regularly scheduled technology professional development sessions, we provide instruction based on your needs and schedule, working before or after school hours, so there is little disruption to the school day. We offer a wide variety of professional learning options ranging from one-on-one consulting with educators and administrators to onsite student and staff development.
How We Can Help Your Students and Educators
The core of what we do is to build the capacity of students and educators to use technology to operate at the highest levels possible. We know that helping your students and educators build skills in communication, collaboration, critical thinking and creativity is paramount to your success.
With our expert consultants, we provide professional learning on Blended and Online Learning Instructional Design, Learning Management Systems (LMS), Google Apps for Education, and many other educational technology applications. In addition, we can help build curriculum elements that engage students through creation, collaboration, and communication with blogs, digital storytelling and collaborative activities.
Need a second opinion on your technology? As a service of the Kent ISD, we can also assist your organization in specifying and selecting hardware to enhance student learning. We're experts in helping districts make the right decisions as they create 21st Century learning environments.
A large part of our work is working with groups, and we recognize the importance of building synergy around a common vision. We can help clarify the focus of integration and design structures that will support all people regardless of their ability level.
Goals for the Kent ISD Technology Consultant Program
- Provide free educational technology consulting services to our area districts.
- To provide local districts with convenient technology professional development opportunities that will enhance classroom instruction.
- To provide teachers and staff with the knowledge and skills needed to use the latest technology available to them.
- To work with teachers and students, enhancing student performance and promoting the integration of technology into the classroom.
- To assist local districts with curriculum issues relating to technology standards.
- Assist local districts with creation and modification of their Technology Plans.
- To be recognized as a resource for technology integration and technology training throughout the state