Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Quick Links



How do I access my account, get a transcript of courses I have attended, and/or print a certificate?
Click Here for directions on accessing your account, printing transcripts, and certificates.

How do I change and/or update my account information?
You can update your phone #, email address, and mailing address by accessing your account. 
Click Here  to learn how to access your account. If you would like to change your district, building, or another piece of information in your account, you can do this when you register for a course. If you have any additional questions about your account, contact the or 616-365-2235.


Where is my course located at?
You will receive an email with an address and location of your course. While most courses are held in the ESC building at Kent ISD, this is not always the case. Please watch your email for exact location details. If you need a map to Kent ISD, click here.

Where can I stay (hotel/motel)? Click here to locate a hotel. When you fill out the search parameters, you may want to use Fredrick Meijer Gardens as your desired region. We are located very close to this location.



What is your cancellation policy?
You may cancel your enrollment online by logging into your account or there is a link at the bottom of your confirmation email. Cancellations are accepted at any time prior to the start of the course. If you would like a refund, the cancellation MUST be submitted seven days prior to the start date of the course (unless otherwise noted in the course description).

Payment will still be required for "No Shows" or cancellations made fewer than seven days before the start date of the course. If you are unable to attend due to an emergency or illness, it is highly recommended that you have an alternate person in mind to replace you.

What is your weather policy?
If a participant's local district is closed and Kent ISD Educational Service Center is open, course(s) will still be held and refunds will not be issued. 

If Kent ISD Educational Service Center is closed; all course(s) are cancelled. Verify building closings by calling 616.365.2234

How do I get a refund?
A full refund will be granted under the following circumstances:

  • If a course is cancelled by Kent ISD, the PD Hub will make every attempt to notify you of this cancellation as soon as possible by using the contact information in your Kent ISD PD Account and process any refunds that are due.
  • A participant cancellation through our online registration system, seven or more days in advance of the course start date (unless otherwise noted in the course description).

How do I transfer to another course or have someone replace me if I am unable to attend?
We would be happy to transfer or replace your enrollment. Just let us know by email or phone 616.365.2235, which course you would like to transfer out of and which one you would like to attend. If the course cost is not the same. You will need to pay the difference or a refund will be processed, if applicable. If another participant would like to take your place in a course, let us know the replacements name, district, building, email address and phone number.



How do I enroll in a course?
Click Here for directions on how to enroll in a course online.

You may also enroll in person. Our business hours are 7:30-4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. 

How do I know if I am enrolled or I did not receive a confirmation via email, am I enrolled in the course?
After successfully being enrolled in a course, our online enrollment system will generate a confirmation by email. This email will be sent to the email address associated with your account. For this reason, it is very important that you provide an accurate email address when enrolling in a course. If you would like to update your account or reprint course confirmations click here  to learn how to access your account. If you do not know your user name and/or password, you may click here to have your account login information sent to your email or email If you did not receive a confirmation email, your registration may not have been successful, please contact the PD Hub to complete your enrollment. 

What if I did not enroll in a course and showed up on the day of course?
Enrollment is required for all courses in order to reserve a seat. A participant that "walks in" on the day of a course and is not currently enrolled, will be enrolled upon payment for the course, provided a seat is available. We cannot guarantee that the participant will be able to attend or receive materials for the course without prior enrollment.

If a course is full, can I get on the waiting list?
Many of our courses offer a waiting list (not all). If the course is full and there are waiting list openings, you would enroll normally. Your email confirmation will confirm your waiting list status. If other participants cancel from the course, the first participant on the waiting list is enrolled, and will receive an email confirming the status change. You may check your waiting list status online through your account. You may also call the PD Hub to find out your current status.

Can I still attend PD at Kent ISD after I retire?
Yes, you may attend thirty (30) days after your retirement date. Retirement regulations preclude you from participating, even on a voluntary basis, in any public school work (including professional development) for thirty (30) days immediately following your retirement effective date. As much as we would love to have you participate during this time, we would hate to see you jeopardize your retirement status. 

What payment methods are accepted?
You may use a Purchase Order, ask us to invoice your district or enter a Credit Card (VISA, MasterCard or Discover) to enroll online, unless the course is free. 

My school is going to pay or send in a purchase order, what do I do?
When checking out, select purchase order or invoice depending on your payment method. Please make sure to type the PO# in the check box provided.

Can I enroll in a course with a personal check?
Yes, please select invoice.  Then send your check in the mail to Attn: PD Hub/ Kent ISD/ 2930 Knapp NE/ Grand Rapids, MI 49525. We will only invoice you if we do not receive your check.


Click here to learn about SCECH credit.

Click here to learn about SWCEC (Social Worker Continuing Education Credit).

Graduate Credit Questions

How do I register for graduate credit for a course?
If a participant would like to register for graduate credit for a course, they may fill out the paperwork from the credit granting institution on the first day of the course. This paperwork will be at the sign in table. We suggest you arrive early to complete this paperwork and make your payment. Graduate credit is an additional cost, that is paid directly to the granting institution. This fee can be paid on the first day of the course.

What is the cost of graduate credit for a course?
Graduate credit costs vary by the credit granting institution. For course specific information, click here to contact the PD Hub.

What are the requirements if I want to sign up for graduate credit?
In order to sign up for a graduate course you will need a bachelor's degree. There will also be a tuition fee paid directly to the credit granting institution on the first day of the course. This fee is in addition to the course fee that you will pay to Kent ISD. Some courses also require completion of an assignment before they will give you graduate credit. You may click here to contact the PD Hub to ask about any assignments that may be offered.