The HTYPE Demonstration Program seeks to provide comprehensive training for all school staff in participating districts through implementation of Journey to PROTECT: HT 101, HT 102, HT 103.
Participating school districts identify appropriate staff to become District Trainers of Staff Education to lead implementation throughout their buildings with the support of the Kent ISD HTYPE Team.
HT 101: Recognize
- Understand the federal definition of severe forms of trafficking in persons and associated key terms;
- Identify possible indicators of sex and labor trafficking; and
- Recognize strategies commonly used by traffickers to groom and recruit children/youth.
HT 102: Respond
- Describe risk and protective factors for children/youth;
- Recognize indicators of complex trauma; and
- Develop trauma-informed skills to help support those that have been trafficked or are at-risk.
HT 103: Report
- Identify indicators of human trafficking;
- Respond to disclosures from children/youth in a culturally responsive, linguistically appropriate, and trauma-informed manner;
- Understand the reporting requirements for child trafficking and their role in the process; and
- Recognize how prevention education can change everything.
- Self-paced content, with application opportunities throughout the course.
- 2.5-3 hours.
Online Training Instructions
- Instructor-led content, discussion, and activities.
- 3 hours (can be divided into 3-1 hour training sessions)
Live Training Resources