Facilities & Operations
The Kent ISD Facilities Department manages all facility related functions, to include planning, construction, maintenance and operations. Our staff is dedicated to building and maintaining safe, clean and comfortable learning environments.
Most school facilities departments have an obvious mission: To transparently maintain a safe, clean, and functional environment for students, staff and the community. However, we don't stop there ... energy management, regional collaborative services, purchasing and surplus equipment, building and grounds improvements, as well as state and federal compliance items are also under our umbrella.
At Kent ISD, we have a greater vision. It is reflected in our organization's slogan "We Lead Learning". As a facilities department, we strive to act on that organizational ideal.
We take pride in providing leadership to other school facilities departments in Kent County and West Michigan. Our active participation in the Michigan School Business Officials (MSBO) and its local chapter the South Western Michigan Facilities and Operations Directors (SWMFOD) are examples of this. We find ourselves networking with and assisting many of the districts that serve Kent County's 140,000+ students.
That explains the reason for this site. We hope it becomes a tool that allows us to better serve all of Kent County and West Michigan.
With that being said, our department has some specific goals which this site will help with:
- Improve our Energy Efficiency and provide resources to our community.
- Lead the way in harnessing current technologies to manage work flow and training employees how to use our systems.
- Provide avenues for feedback and anonymous constructive criticism.
- Be open with our staff and the public about our current projects, current bids, and energy savings efforts.
- Assist and train the staff and alert parents about our IPM pest control program.
- Help facilitate and simplify the Capital Outlay process.
- Provide current SDS (Safety Data Sheets) for all concerned parties.
- Provide current building and site maps for contractors, staff, and visitors.
There are plenty of other goals, however; this should give you an idea of the work we do.
Meet Our Team
Our custodial and maintenance staff support a diverse group of buildings and grounds. Meet our team, who are ready to help.
The Maintenance Team
The Custodial Team
If you do not find what you are looking for on the pages dedicated to the Kent ISD Facilities Department, please contact our department at email@example.com or 616.365.2290.
Building Open Status Message