Deaf & Hard of Hearing - Oral Deaf
The Oral Deaf Program serves students who are deaf or hard of hearing, from birth through secondary education.
The Oral Deaf Program provides specialized instruction, in order to develop skills in listening and spoken language, so that every student may fully participate in academic and social opportunities within their school and community.
- Listening and Spoken Language
- We are committed to teaching children who are deaf or hard of hearing to become independent oral communicators in all environments.
- We provide audiological services to families in order for children to have optimal access to sound.
- We are committed to the philosophy that learning to listen is the foundation for language literacy development.
- We empower students by providing them with the strategies to develop self-advocacy skills in order for them to be educated with their typical hearing peers.
- We utilize curriculum that is aligned to the MDE Academic Standards and Early Learning Standards.
- We are committed to partnering with parents to ensure their child’s progress in listening and spoken language.
- We are committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all students.
- We are committed to improving outcomes for all students through continuous improvement and implementing a system of supports.
4300 Costa NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525