KEC Oakleigh serves students K-8 who have significant emotional impairments and persistent behavioral concerns. The goal is to teach coping skills and strategies that will allow students to self-regulate their behaviors and transition back to their local school program.
KEC Oakleigh provides specialized instruction and services to students in order to educate and develop social-emotional and behavioral skills necessary to increase inclusion within their neighborhood schools and in the community.
- Coping Skills
- Social Awareness
- Relationship Skills
- Responsible Decision-Making
- Academic Competency
- We provide extensive positive behavioral intervention and social emotional learning.
- We are committed to students developing their skills to transition to the Least Restrictive Environment.
- We implement zones of regulation, trauma- informed and restorative justice practices.
- We provide curriculum aligned to the MDE Academic Standards and the Core Social Emotional Learning Competencies.
- We are committed to collaborations with family and community mental health professionals and supports.
- We are committed to providing a safe and secure learning environment for all students.
- We are committed to improving outcomes for all students through continuous improvement and implementing a system of supports.
2223 Gordon NW
Grand Rapids MI, 49504
First Day of SchoolDate: Aug 24Calendar: KEC Oakleigh
No School Students PD Day StaffDate: Sep 21Calendar: KEC Oakleigh
Student Half Day 8:30 AM to 11:30 AMStudent Half DayDate: Oct 26Time: 8:30 AM to 11:30 AMCalendar: KEC Oakleigh
Students No School PD Day StaffDate: Nov 16Calendar: KEC Oakleigh
25 Novthru Nov 27
Thanksgiving BreakDate: Nov 25 - Nov 27Calendar: KEC Oakleigh