KEC Oakleigh serves students K-8 who have significant emotional impairments and persistent behavioral concerns. The goal is to teach coping skills and strategies that will allow students to self-regulate their behaviors and transition back to their local school program.
KEC Oakleigh provides specialized instruction and services to students in order to educate and develop social-emotional and behavioral skills necessary to increase inclusion within their neighborhood schools and in the community.
- Coping Skills
- Social Awareness
- Relationship Skills
- Responsible Decision-Making
- Academic Competency
- We provide extensive positive behavioral intervention and social emotional learning.
- We are committed to students developing their skills to transition to the Least Restrictive Environment.
- We implement zones of regulation, trauma- informed and restorative justice practices.
- We provide curriculum aligned to the MDE Academic Standards and the Core Social Emotional Learning Competencies.
- We are committed to collaborations with family and community mental health professionals and supports.
- We are committed to providing a safe and secure learning environment for all students.
- We are committed to improving outcomes for all students through continuous improvement and implementing a system of supports.
2223 Gordon NW
Grand Rapids MI, 49504
|Previous April 2021 Next|