Grand Rapids Children's Museum
- Play@Home: The Children's Museum brings play to you! Transform your living room, backyard, or bedroom into your very own mini-GRCM with these ideas for engaging in open-ended play at home!
Grand Rapids Public Museum
- Live Stream: A 24/7 live feed of cool exhibits like the Grand Fish, Grand River exhibit featuring GRPM's Lake Sturgeon
- Digital Collections: Explore GRPM's collection of more than 250,000 artifacts and scientific specimens from home
Van Andel Institute
- Home Experiments and Activities: Keep curiosity alive with these fun science and engineering experiments kids can do at home
Resources for Teachers
- Blue Apple Tele-Teach: Free 30-minute consultations to help K-12 teachers with virtual teaching methods
- Free Germ Spread Prevention Unit: A free PBL unit for distance learning to help students understand how germs spread and also empower them to make a difference by creating their own public service announcements
Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park
- Learn from Home: Find video resources and activities to keep kids engaged in learning at home, great for families and teachers
Grand Rapids Public Library
- eBooks and Digital Media: eBooks, audiobooks, movies and more available for download with a valid GRPL card
- Temporary e-Cards: During GRPL’s closure in response to COVID-19, they're offering temporary e-cards to expand access to digital resources. Access GRPL from home with a temporary e-card.
- Share Your COVID-19 Stories: Help GRPL create a shared memory of this time. Your stories will become a part of the Grand Rapids Public Library’s permanent archival collections and will give scholars, historians and medical researchers a record to study in the future.
Kent District Library
- KDL Virtual: Use the library from home to access digital resources
- Learning Resources: Activities, homework help, video story time and other tools to help kids learn at home
- Summer Wonder: Join KDL's annual summer reading challenge with cool prizes for little readers, youth and teens & young adults
John Ball Zoo
- Insider Videos: Adorable and informative videos of John Ball Zoo's resident critters hosted by their animal experts
Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum and Library
- Tomorrow's Leader's Summer Camp (Virtual) - Activities to promote leadership and civic participation including creating campaign posters and learning how to write to elected officials. See the flyer here.
- Monday, July 27 - Thursday, July 30, 2020; 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m
- Registration Deadline: July 22, 2020