Everyone has dreams, what are yours?
What would you like to do next in life? We want to help you get there.
What are your strengths, skills, abilities, interests?
Tell us! We'll listen. Then, we'll help you figure out how to achieve your goal. We'll walk right along side you every step of the way. We can:
- Help you set goals and create a realistic plan to meet them
- Help you write a resume, find job shadows and internships
- Find job training and a job
- Help with college visits, applications and the process of starting college
Need help finishing school or getting a job?
We want to help! We work with young people ages 16-24 who have something standing in the way of completing an education or getting a job. Whether you're dealing with lost credits, homelessness, pregnancy or another life challenge, we have ways to help.
Key features of Kent ISD's Project NorthStar program are:
- Career planning
- Post-secondary education planning
- College visits
- Mentoring & tutoring
- Career exploration
- Job shadowing & internships
- Job search assistance & training
- Employability skills
- Possible work experience
- Financial literacy training
- Information & referrals to other service providers & community resources
- One-year transition program
Visit us on Facebook: Project NorthStar Facebook Page
Do you have a student that is currently in need of Career Services? Please complete our referral form.