Parent Advisors for Special Education (PASE)
PASE is a parent driven forum to positively impact the educational opportunities for children with special needs through collaboration and dissemination of information.
- serve as a resource for information to expand your knowledge
- communicate up-to-date changes and trends to the educational system
- improve parents' knowledge of the educational system
- provide points of contact for service organizations and support groups
- offer opportunities and workshops to learn how to assist in the educational process
- provide an arena for feedback from parents
You're invited to Participate:
PASE meets four to five times a year at 6:30 pm on a Monday at the Kent ISD Educational Services Center (see schedule for updates on in-person or virtual meetings). You'll find us at 2930 Knapp NE near the corner of Knapp and Beltline, just north of I-96 (click here for a map).
Contact us at the Educational Services Center, Special Education Services, phone: 616.365.2297, fax: 616.447.2440, email: email@example.com.
The Kent ISD Special Education department, in collaboration with the Parent Advisors for Special Education (PASE), has developed this guide to make the Individualized Education Program (IEP) process more manageable and user friendly for parents. This guide should be used in conjunction with the Special Education Parent Handbook with Procedural Safeguards and other resources from Kent ISD and the Michigan Department of Education. Click here for a Spanish version of the parent guide.
- Home to a NEW Parent Resources guide!
- Complaint Procedures - MDE
- Glossary & Acronyms
- IDEA Rules
- Kent ISD Special Education Plan
- Michigan Special Education Rules
- MI Rules/IDEA Side-by-Side
- A Parent's Guide to Navigating the IEP Process
- A Parent's Guide to Navigating the IEP Process - Spanish
- Parent Handbook with Procedural Safeguards
- Parent Handbook with Procedural Safeguards - Spanish
- Student Rights Handbook
- Student Rights Handbook - Spanish
- ARC - The ARC
- ASK - Autism Support of Kent County
- CMH - Community Mental Health
- DCD - MI Dept. of Career Development
- DDI - Developmental Disability Institute
- Disability Advocates of Kent County
- DSAWM - Down Syndrome Association of West Michigan
- Medicaid - info for parents at
- Michigan Alliance for Families
- MPAS - Michigan Protection & Advocacy Service
- MRS - MI Rehabilitation Services
- OCR - Office of Civil Rights (USDOE)
- OSE-EIS - Office of Special Education and early Intervention Services
- OSEP - Office of Special Education Programs (USDOE)