COVID-19 Preparedness Plans and Resources
News and Updates
Kent ISD COVID-19 Prevention Measures
The COVID-19 Prevention Prevention Strategy documents for our student programs are linked below:
The Kent ISD COVID-19 - School Dashboard provides parents, educators and the general public transparency on school-associated COVID-19 cases. Figures include all public and nonpublic schools located within Kent County. Numbers are updated on a daily basis through a partnership with the Kent County Health Department.
Follow the link above for our dashboard of COVID-19 cases specific to Kent ISD’s regional student programs, including but not limited to Kent Career Tech Center, Great Start Readiness Program, Kent Innovation High and others. Numbers are updated as new cases are identified.
Local School District Updates
The links below will take you directly to the COVID-19 updates pages of our 20 school districts.
- Byron Center Public Schools
- Caledonia Community Schools
- Cedar Springs Public Schools
- Comstock Park Public Schools
- East Grand Rapids Public Schools
- Forest Hills Public Schools
- Godfrey Lee Public Schools
- Godwin Heights Public Schools
- Grand Rapids Public Schools
- Grandville Public Schools
- Kelloggsville Public Schools
- Kenowa Hills Public Schools
- Kent City Community Schools
- Kentwood Public Schools
- Lowell Area Schools
- Northview Public Schools
- Rockford Public Schools
- Sparta Area Schools
- Thornapple Kellogg Schools
- Wyoming Public Schools
Personal Health and Safety Best Practices
Kent ISD's highest concern will always be the welfare of our students, staff and school communities. We are coordinating directly and daily with Kent County Health Department and local and regional superintendents to ensure safety for all. Please know we are doing everything possible to prepare for and prevent the spread of Coronavirus and all other communicable diseases.
While a new type of illness can be scary, we can protect our students, teachers, and the broader community by using simple everyday actions that protect people from other types of respiratory viruses. Our staff are working carefully to encourage these simple and effective habits:
- Stay informed regarding local health department recommendations and public health orders. Find updates on the Kent County Health Department website..
- Practice safe social distancing and wear a mask. Wearing a mask is shown to be highly effective in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Retain a social space between yourself and others.
- Cover coughs and sneezes. Use a tissue to cover coughs and sneezes, then dispose of the tissue. When a tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces or objects. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill. Find additional CDC resources on how to clean and disinfect schools here.
- Wash hands for 20 seconds. Washing hands often under clean, running water can help prevent the spread of germs. For more guidance see the CDC: When and How to Wash Your Hands. If you cannot wash your hands, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60-95% alcohol.
- Symptoms of COVID-19 may be mild or severe and include:
- Shrtness of breath
Find updates, best practices for individuals and organizations and other information about COVID-19 from these sources:
- Kent County Health Department
- Michigan Department of Heath and Human Services
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- World Health Organization