If you like cars, trucks and related equipment, join us for expert training on state-of-the-art equipment. Learn about the vehicle industry and how to service a variety of customer vehicles.
You can learn:
- General maintenance servicing of vehicles
- Replacement of engine coolant, engine oil, transmission fluid, power steering fluid
- Tire service including mounting, balancing, rotating, failure analysis, repairing and customer wheel service
- Complete detailing, including finish restoration and car prep
- Basic car care services such as safety inspection and lamp replacement
- Hand Tool and shop safety identification and usage
- Electrical system repair and diagnosis
Meet Our Instructional Staff
Greetings! I am Mike Kiekover, Automotive Instructor at Kent Transition Center. I am excited to work at KTC and look forward to meeting you or having you as a student! Learning alongside you, and working with you to grasp what can be complicated concepts is real joy and responsibility I take seriously. I love working with students and helping them along their way toward adulthood.
- Over 30 years in the automotive industry
- 16 years in Nigheria, W. Africa, training and working with Nigerians
- 2 years teaching Adult Education Intro to Automotive Servicing
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor's in Technical Education, Ferris State University
- Associate Degree, Grand Rapids Community College
- ASE Master Mechanic
- ASE L1 Certified (Advanced Engine Performance Specialist)
- ASE G1 (Maintenance and Light Repair)
More About Me
My wife, Hauwa, and I have two young children, Kayla and Selena. We have an active household and love being outside whenever weather permits.