Manufacturing jobs are increasing rapidly, so trained workers are in high demand. Our lab simulates an on-the-job environment to help students get ready for an entry level position.
You Can Learn:
- Manufacturing principles
- Use of professional tools
- CNC machine setup and operations
- Inspection and quality control
- To follow precise directions
- Communication skills
- Assembly and welding
A Successful Student is able to:
- Use hand and power tools
- Climb, carry, and stand for long periods of time
- Use measurements and fractions
- Handle a noisy atmosphere
- Handle a physically and mentally demanding workload
- Complete repetitive work or duties with attention to detail
Meet Our Instructional Staff
Hello! My name is Barry Wackerle and I am the KTC Manufacturing Instructor. This is my fourth year at the Transition Center and I am excited to be working with the students! My passion is to help others and I believe my purpose in life is to teach young people so they can become successful individuals. I thoroughly enjoy teaching and feel rewarded by helping students learn.
- Drafting, Technology Education and Wood Technology Instructor since 2006
- Sales Representative.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Technology Education (IX) from Central Michigan University
- Earth/Space Science endorsement (DH).
- Working on my Master's degree in Career and Technical Education through Ferris State University.
My wife and I have three children, a dog and a cat. I have a deep love for the outdoors and enjoy many outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, cross-country motorcycle riding and snowmobiling. I enjoy fixing my own cars and trucks and I am very interested in performance engines of all types. My greatest joy in life is spending time with my family.
Hi! My name is Amy Albert and I work as the Career Technical Education Specialist in the Manufacturing program. I assist students in learning job skills, making them more prepared to begin a job in Manufacturing. This is my first year here at KTC. I came from Lowell Area Schools where I was a Literacy Tutor, K-3, and then moved to the middle school where I was a one on one paraeducator for a young man with physical disabilities. While at the middle school I helped implement a testing center for the special education department.
I went to college at Michigan State University where I played volleyball and studied Communication and Public Relations. In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my three children, my dog, and my husband Marty. They keep me busy with their many sports and activities. I also enjoy gardening, reading, and my chickens.