Child & Family Care
Careers in the Human Services pathway are related to economic, political, and social systems. If you like helping families, working with children and older adults, and community partners then come join our fun and energetic team. Families are our future!
You Can Learn ...
- Human Services Career Cluster Exploration
- Child Care Careers
- Safety and Sanitation, First-Aid & CPR Certification
- Introduction to Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) training
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- Ages & Stages of Life Cycle
- Creating Learning Activities
- Nutrition and Health
- Working with Families & Communities
Students considering this program:
- Have excellent punctuality and attendance
- Can communicate well with peers, parents and children
- Enjoys helping people and solving problems
- Has a passion for working with families and communities
- Is loving, caring, energetic and friendly
- Likes reading, storytelling, traveling, or tutoring young children?
Child & Family Care Business Partners include:
Grand Rapids Community College, AppleTree Learning Center, Kent ISD Early On, Lincoln School, White Early Child Care Center, YMCA, Orchard Hill Childcare center, Rainbow Childcare, Porter Hills