Great Start Readiness Program
The Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) is a state-funded free preschool program for qualifying four-year-old children.
We prepare children for kindergarten!
- Our teachers utilize a research-based curriculum that aligns with Michigan's Early Childhood Standards for Quality for Prekindergarten (ECSQ-PK).
- Our classrooms have consistent daily routines that include group activities as well as daily free choice time and outdoor play.
- There are two teachers per classroom, keeping a 1:8 ratio of adults to children.
- GSRP Teachers are highly-qualified and have degrees within the field of early childhood education.
- Children's progress is measured and reported in the areas of social-emotional, physical, language, and cognitive development. Progress in content learning areas of literacy, math, science, social studies, art, and English speaking skills are also measured and reported.
- We partner with families to create the best preschool experience possible for children.
- Kent ISD GSRP students attend school Monday through Thursday for either a full or half day, depending on the location.
- Free meals are provided daily for students.
- Some of our sites provide transportation and/or before and after school care.
Kent ISD GSRP children will see themselves and be seen by others as confident, capable, and motivated learners; as evidenced by meeting or exceeding kindergarten readiness standards.
Our classrooms are located in the following districts and buildings:
- Byron Center Early Childhood Center
- Duncan Lake Elementary School
- Dutton Elementary School
- Cedar Trails Elementary School
- Comstock Park Head Start
- Greenridge Elementary School
- Ada Elementary School
- Collins Elementary School
- Aberdeen Elementary School
- Baxter Community Center
- Brookside Elementary School
- Buchanan Elementary School
- Burton Elementary School
- CA Frost Elementary School
- Campus Elementary School
- Cesar Chavez Elementary School
- Coit Arts Academy
- Congress Elementary School
- David D. Hunting YMCA
- Dickinson Elementary School
- Early Learning Center (ELC)
- East Leonard Elementary School
- Explore and Learn Academy (SEAC)
- Gerald R. Ford Academic Center
- Grand Rapids Child Discovery Center
- Grand Rapids Montessori
- Harrison Park Elementary School
- Henry Head Start
- Hope Academy Charter School
- Ken-O-Sha Elementary School
- Kent Hills Elementary School
- MLK Elementary School
- Mulick Park Elementary School
- New Branches Charter Academy
- North Park Montessori Early Childhood Center at Wellerwood
- Palmer Elementary School
- Ridgemoor Park Montessori
- River City Scholars Charter School
- San Juan Diego (La Escuelita)
- Shawmut Hills Elementary School
- Sherwood Park Global Studies Academy
- Sibley Elementary School
- Southwest Community Campus
- Stocking Elementary School
- Sylvan Head Start
- United Methodist Community House
- Yankee Clipper Library
- West Michigan Academy of Environmental Science Charter School
- Godfrey Lee Early Childhood Center
- South Godwin Elementary
- South Godwin Head Start
- Central Elementary
- East Elementary
- Visser YMCA
- Kelloggsville Early Childhood Center
- AppleTree Early Care and Preschool
- Kenowa Hills Early Childhood Center
- Kent City Elementary School
- AppleTree Early Care and Preschool
- Hamilton Early Childhood Center
- Kentwood Head Start
- Bushnell Elementary School
- Plainfield Head Start
- West Oakview Elementary School
- Meadow Ridge Elementary School
- Rainbow Child Center
- Ridgeview Elementary School
- White Early Childhood Center
- Thornapple-Kellogg Learning Center
- Huntington Woods Early Childhood Center
- Rogers Lane
- Rogers Lane Head Start
Questions? Call GSRP 616-447-2409
Visit Success Starts Early to learn how to help your child reach their highest potential!