MEET THE RECRUITER
Tuesday, March 26, 2019 @ 3:30 - 5:00 PM.
The event will be in the auditorium of KCTC (Kent Career Technical Center), 1655 East Beltline NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525.
This is a golden opportunity to get job search information directly from the recruiters themselves! Come hear the inside scoop on what their organizations are looking for in candidates, along with valuable information on the application process, tips for successful interviewing and even their "pet peeves".
Each organization is hiring, so bring your resume! If you are not looking for a job at this time, it is still a great opportunity to educate yourself about how health care positions are secured in today's job market.
Recruiters from Spectrum Health, Mercy Health, Mary Free Bed, Porter Hills, and Metron Integrated Systems will be our guests, and will address the following topics in a moderated panel-style discussion, from the employer’s perspective.
- Is there really a demand for health care workers?
- What are your "top tips" to high school students looking at pursuing a career in health care?
- Does volunteering/working in customer service as a high school student really make a difference in hiring?
- What qualities/skill sets (soft skills) are you looking for in new hires?
- How do applicants set themselves apart in an online application process?
- What do students do if they don't have a "work history" for a resume?
- What do you recommend as "interview clothes"?
- Give an example of "DON'Ts" in the application/interview process?
You can ask your questions too!