Because Teachers Need Field Trips Too!
Educators spend a day out of the classroom with local employers, exploring industry trends and ways to connect their classroom content to the work world and best business practices. Businesses may host from one to 30 educators at a time for 1 to 2 hours in length. Tours will consist of meeting with 2-3 different employers spanning a variety of business focuses.
Experiences at businesses might include:
- A description of the company, their features, functions culture and what makes them unique to their industry
- A tour of the facilities, including roles and specific focus areas of the business
- Discussions with employees consisting of a variety of roles, skill sets and experience levels
- A hand-on activity or experience
Generally, visits will be diversified to ensure a range of industries are covered, although some events may be themed to focus on a specific field/industry. Cost for these events is $10, which covers lunch and transportation to/from businesses. SCECHs may also be available. Unable to go because your school can't cover for a sub? Substitute reimbursement is available on an as-need basis, up to $100. Complete this form, submit it prior to the event, and we will review it based on need and available funds.
The purpose of this professional development experience is to:
- Highlight information about local employer needs, labor market trends, and new technologies relevant for teachers
- Help educators connect their classroom content to real world applications and business practices so that students are college- and career-ready
- And encourage meaningful collaboration between educators and the business community
REMAINING 2018-2019 DATES:
Wednesday, May 1, 2019