Groundhog Shadow Day
Groundhog Shadow Day is a community-wide career exploration event for Kent County high school students, coordinated by the Kent ISD Career Readiness Department. Hundreds of local employers open their doors to allow students the opportunity to experience a "day in the life of..." a wide variety of occupations.
Benefit to students
- Get an overview of the company’s industry, the day-to-day operations of a specific department and an opportunity to get a “behind the scenes” look at a career of interest
- Interact with a variety of professionals with different levels of responsibility, education and experience
- Learn what academic preparation is required to successfully the occupation of interest
- Identify various career paths within a department/company
- Make connections between school curriculum and the skills, values and knowledge needed for a career of interest
Benefit to employers
- Showcase your place of work by increasing visibility in your community
- Prepare your future work force; inform students about careers in your industry or line of work
- Enable employees to easily participate in a community activity (resulting in increased morale)
- Strengthen and promote involvement in education
- Be a positive adult role model
- Impact a young person’s career decisions
Details for GSD 2022 coming soon.
Questions? Contact Krista Harmon at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 616-365-2369.