Career Explorers is a 4-week virtual career exploration experience to help students learn about 8 different occupations within a specific pathway of interest.
Do you have a gut feeling that you belong somewhere in business, but don't know what is available? Or maybe everyone has told you that engineering would be a good field for you, but you have no idea where to start? Wondering how to use your natural artistic ability in a career to support yourself?
Kent ISD and local professionals are offering Kent County students, grades 7-12, an opportunity get these answers.
This virtual career exploration experience will provide students the opportunity to:
- Interact with 8 professionals in a career pathway of interest through 30-minute Zoom Career Chats (career conversations)
- Ask questions and get the "inside scoop" directly from people in the industry
- Earn a certificate of completion to enhance scholarship/college applications and resumes
- Gain valuable insights about their own interests, values and personality
- Practice time management, interpersonal communication, networking and critical thinking skills
- Clarify their own career goals and develop next steps
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS
- Participate in 8 Career Chats. Students will have an opportunity to ask direct questions to the role models via the chat feature.
- Compete a brief reflection for each Career Chat (a form will be provided)
- Conduct one personal Informational Interview with an adult in a career of interest, and submit notes.
- Complete an interest inventory and personality assessment to gain personal insights.
These Certificate of Completion tasks are intended to create a meaningful career exploration experience. The certificate provides students a credential to be used for talent portfolios, scholarship/college applications and resumes.
*While attendance during the "live" Zoom events is expected, students with athletic or employment conflicts can also participate by watching recorded content.
2022-2023 session dates coming soon!