Career Explorers is a 4-week virtual career exploration experience to help students learn about 8 different occupations within a specific pathway of interest.
Do you have a gut feeling that you belong somewhere in business, but don't know what is available? Or maybe everyone has told you that engineering would be a good field for you, but you have no idea where to start? Wondering how to use your natural artistic ability in a career to support yourself?
Kent ISD and local professionals are offering Kent County students, grades 7-12, an opportunity get these answers.
This virtual career exploration experience will provide students the opportunity to:
- Interact with 8 business professionals in a variety of occupations and industries through 30-minute Zoom Career Chats (career conversations)
- Ask questions and get the "inside scoop" directly from people in the industry
- Earn a certificate of completion to enhance scholarship/college applications and resumes
- Gain valuable insights about their own interests, values and personality
- Practice time management, interpersonal communication, networking and critical thinking skills
- Clarify their own career goals and develop next steps
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS
- Participate in 8 Career Chats. Students will have an opportunity to ask direct questions to the role models via the chat feature.
- Compete a brief reflection for each Career Chat (a form will be provided)
- Conduct one personal Informational Interview with an adult in a career of interest, and submit notes.
- Complete an interest inventory and personality assessment to gain personal insights.
These Certificate of Completion tasks are intended to create a meaningful career exploration experience. The certificate provides students a credential to be used for talent portfolios, scholarship/college applications and resumes.
*While attendance during the "live" Zoom events is expected, students with athletic or employment conflicts can also participate by watching recorded content.
14 Career Pathways will be highlighted in the 2021/2022 school year.
Schedule and registration information coming soon!