Educators IN Industry
Because Teachers Need Field Trips Too!
Same program, new name and format for 2020-21! Open to all educators, Educators IN Industry is a chance to spend time learning about various local employers and career opportunities for students through virtual site visits and experiences with area businesses. Each session will highlight the skills employers deem critical for the workforce, as well as the importance of connecting work to curriculum. This year we’ll be offering monthly 60-75 min. virtual sessions. Attend live or view on-demand from the comfort of your computer.
Experiences with businesses might include:
- A description of the company, their features, functions culture and what makes them unique to their industry
- A virtual tour of the facilities, including roles and specific focus areas of the business
- "Spotlight" discussions with select employees consisting of a variety of roles, skill sets and experience levels
- A panel discussion with various employees where you can ask your "big picture" questions and hear from employers directly
CAREER SCECHS ARE AVAILABLE. UPCOMING DATES & BUSINESS PARTNERS LISTED BELOW.
The purpose of this professional development experience is to:
- To encourage meaningful collaboration between educators and the business community
- To learn about the variety of career options available so they can share them with a future workforce
- To highlight information about the various skills local employers require for today’s workforce
- To help educators connect their classroom content standards to real world applications and business practices so that students are college- and career-ready
2020-21 UPCOMING DATES:
|Wednesday, April 14 (9:15-10:30)||Center for Physical Rehabilitation (Healthcare)||Click here to register|
|Wednesday, May 12 (9:15-10:30)||Hope Network (Non-Profit)||Click here to register|
MISSED ONE? NO WORRIES!
If you miss a session, it's OK. All sessions are recorded and will be made available within 48-72 business hours in the PH Hub to view On Demand. Visit the PD Hub, select Career Readiness from the Category menu and look for these previously recorded sessions. You can still register and view for SCECHs!
- Configura (IT solutions)
- Founders Brewing Co. (Manufacturing & Distribution)
- 20 Monroe Live (Entertainment)
- Spectrum Health (HR Department)
- Blue Flame Thinking (Marketing & Design)
- Beene Garter (Accounting & Finance)
CHECK OUT WHAT THESE PARTICIPANTS HAD TO SAY ABOUT IT:
Have a question or comment to share? Email Eric Kelliher, Career Readiness Consultant.