Educators IN Industry
Shining a Light on Great Teaching!
Looking for inspiration to make your content fresh and exciting but don’t know where to start? Want to do more with Career Readiness but don't know how? Tune in as local educators talk about what innovative things they’re doing in their classroom or across their building to increase engagement and relevance through developing career mindsets.
- With the ongoing need for professional development, but with limited flexibility or opportunity, these mini PD’s will be kept to 30-40 min. “easy views”.
- Live interviews will be available every 3-4 weeks; registration available through the Kent ISD PD Hub (for SCECHs).
- Can’t make it live? All sessions will be recorded and also made available on the PD Hub (also for SCECHs) as well as the Career Readiness website & YouTube channel for on-demand viewing.
- Attendance will be tracked via the PD Hub. You must “attend” a full session and complete the provided survey to receive SCECHs.
CAREER SCECHS ARE AVAILABLE. UPCOMING DATES & GUESTS ARE LISTED BELOW.
The purpose of this professional development experience is to:
- Inform you of some of the creative things educators are doing in their schools around career readiness
- Provide inspiration and ideas of things you can implement for yourself or take to your administration
- Challenge you to think outside the box and take a growth mindset when it comes to embedding career readiness into instruction
- Provide resources the spotlight educators are able to share with you
2020-21 UPCOMING DATES:
Monday, April 19 (2:30-3:00)
Byron Center HS Counselors
Monday, May 10 (2:00-2:30)
|Kentwood Counselor & Principal||Click here to register|
MISSED ONE? NO WORRIES!
If you miss one, it's OK. All sessions are recorded and will be made available within 48-72 business hours in the PH Hub to view On Demand. Visit the PD Hub, select Career Readiness from the Category menu and look for these previously recorded sessions. You can still register and view for SCECHs!
- Madeline Liggett (5th grade teacher at Cedar View Elementary)
- Austin Krieg (HS Science teacher at Forest Hills Northern)
- Amanda Barbour (5th grade PEAKS teacher at Discovery Elementary)
- Dan McElhaney (HS Social Studies teacher at Forest Hills Eastern)
- Becky Arbic (HS Math teacher at Sault Area HS & Career Center)
- Nancy Hoffman (HS ELA/Communications teacher at Northview)
- Bill VanDyk (Director of Big Picture Learning at NorthPointe Christian)
- Jennifer Manion (ELA teacher at Lowell Middle School)
Interested in sharing what awesome things you are doing with career readiness? Or, want to nominate someone else to be a spotlight guest?
Complete the Educator Spotlight Guest Interest from @ bit.ly/spotlightguest.