Project SEARCH is a unique, business led, school-to-work program that takes place entirely at a workplace. Each placement includes a combination of training instruction, career exploration, and hands-on training at the work site.
• Learn about the world of work.
• Intern at a high profile company in Kent County.
• Develop job skills to gain a future pay check and increase your independence.
• Apply knowledge learned in the class-room.
A Day in Project SEARCH
Learn and demonstrate the skills required to be an excellent employee, build a resume, learn how to become more independent, and practice skills necessary to be a successful young adult.
INTERNSHIP ASSIGNMENT 10AM-2:30PM
Participate in three 10-week job assignments in the workplace to develop valuable work skills.
TRAINING & REVIEW 2:30-3PM
Celebrate successes and share skills learned.
Who can become a Project SEARCH Intern?
A student who:
- Is between 18 and 26 years of age
- Understands and demonstrates excellent attendance
- Is determined to find work when the internship ends
- Is interested in valuable life skills in an authentic environment
Contact us to learn more about the application process!