Five Things Athletic Directors & Supervisors Need to Know
2019-2020 Title IX Reporting & Activity Calendar
- Become familiar with the Title IX Portion of the OK Conference Handbook (Section IE) and learn to recognize potential problems. Part of this process is learning how to access and complete reporting documents. Reporting forms (Excel)
- Present gender equity information, both written and oral, at each preseason meeting.
- Conduct a student interest survey every three years. First done conference wide in 2007, the most recent survey was completed in spring 2019. The next survey will be conducted in 2022. Links for the survey and results for your district will be shared prior to the next due date.
- Complete the OK Conference Gender Equity Comprehensive Audit (GECA) every five years. This is the most thorough report, with data collected by a committee of school and community members. The data is verified by the school or district's Title IX coordinator, the superintendent and board of education. The first GECA was completed in 2009 based on facts and figures from the 2007-2008 school year. The most recent GECA was due June 2019 based on facts and figures from the 2017-18 school year. The next due date is May 2024. Comprehensive Audit of Title IX Compliance is located at this link. Copy of GECA Handbook and Forms
- Be aware that each School District must be "substantially proportionate" in male and female sports when cutting programs (Section 106.41 ).