Click on the button above and save as a PDF to access Agenda and Packet offline and activate tabs in the PDF.
KENT INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
Educational Service Center - Board Room
September 21, 2015- 6:00 P.M.
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Welcome of Visitors and Comments from Visitors
D. MSPRA Award Recognition
E. General Business
1. Approval of minutes from the Regular School Board Meeting of August 17, 2015
and of the minutes from the Property Transfer Hearing of August 17, 2015
August 17, 2015 Draft Minutes
August 17, 2015 Property Transfer Draft Minutes
F. Financial Reports
1. Allowing Bills: August 1, 2015 through August 31, 2015.
G. Recommended Action Items:
- Personnel Recommendations:
a. Approve Personnel Recommendations and report as presented.
- Approve the distribution of $20 million of Act 18 Special Education funds to the local districts based on the payout formula authorized by the Kent Intermediate Superintendents' Association.
Act 18 funds distribution
- Approve the low bid from Gust construction in the amount of $172,000 for the freezer addition and bakery renovation project at KCTC.
Gust Construction bid recommendation
- Approve the bid from Presidio in the amount of $87,307.20 for 160 Cisco Access Points to upgrade connections to Wi-Fi on the Kent ISD campus along with the Downtown Market and Kent Aviation Center.
Presidio bid recommendation
- Approve the bids from the contractors for the Pine Grove expansion project that are recommended in each bid category and authorize the Assistant Superintendent for Administrative Services to sign contracts, changeorders and other documents necessary to complete this project within the budget approved.
Pine Grove expansion project bid recommendations
- Approve the disposition of surplus equipment as listed.
Disposition of Surplus Equipment
- Approve nominees for open Parent Advisory Special Education (P.A.S.E.) seats for the 2015-2018 term as approved by our local education agencies.
1. Items from Board Members
2. Superintendent's Report
I. Future Dates
1.Thursday, September 24, 2015 from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. - CBA Class 109: Board Governance
for Data Informed Decision Making in the Rogue Room of the Kent ISD Educational
2. Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. - Kent Intermediate Association of School Boards
(KIASB) dinner meeting and presentation of the Education Advocacy Award at
Cornerstone University - Gainey Conference Center.
3. Monday, October 19, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. - Regular Meeting of the Kent ISD School Board in
the Thornapple Room of the Kent ISD Educational Service Center.
3. October 22-25, 2015 - MASB 2015Annual Leadership Conference at the Grand Traverse
Resort - Traverse City.