Click on the button above and save as a PDF to access Agenda and Packet offline and activate tabs in the PDF.
KENT INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
Educational Service Center - Board Room
November 16, 2015- 6:00 P.M.
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Welcome of Visitors and Comments from Visitors
D. General Business
1. Approval of minutes of the Regular School Board Meeting of October 19, 2015.
October 19, 2015 Draft Minutes
E. Financial Reports
1. Allowing Bills: October 1, 2015 through October 31, 2015.
F. Recommended Action Items:
- Personnel Recommendations:
a. Approve Personnel Recommendations and report as presented
b. Approve personnel request to hire an entry level technician for Region 1.
Request to Hire - Region 1 Technician
- Approve the bid from Cummins Bridgeway in the amount of $17,480 for two new diesel engines for our Kent Career Technical Center diesel program.
Cummins Bridgeway Bid
- Approve resolution regarding the collection and notification to local units of government for summer taxes and authorize the Board Secretary to sign the notice.
Notification of Summer Tax Collection
- Approve the placement of a resource officer on campus through the COPS grant agreement at a cost of $128,585.12 over a four-year period.
COPS Grant Agreement
1. Information on the 2014-15 Financial Audit
2014-15 Financial Audit Information
2. Information on Special Education Transportation Services Contract with Dean
Dean Transportation Contract Information
3. State Education Network (SEN) and E-Rate Update
4. Items from Board Members
5. Superintendent's Report
H. Future Dates
1. Monday, December 14, 2015- Regular Meeting of the Kent ISD School Board at 4:00 p.m. in the Thornapple Room of the Kent ISD Educational Service Center.
2. Thursday, December 17, 2015 - Kent ISD Board and All Staff Holiday Celebration from 2:30 -5:00 p.m. at Chili's restaurant.
3. January 24-26, 2016 - NSBA Advocacy Institute (formerly FRN Conference) in Washington, D.C.