Click on the button above and save as a PDF to access Agenda and Packet offline and activate tabs in the PDF.
KENT INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
Educational Service Center - Board Room
May 16, 2016- 6:00 P.M.
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Welcome of Visitors and Comments from Visitors
D. General Business
1. Approval of the minutes from the April 18, 2016 Regular Meeting of the School Board.
April 18, 2016 Meeting Minutes
E. Financial Reports
1. Allowing Bills: April 1, 2016 through April 30, 2016.
F. Recommended Action Items:
- Personnel Recommendations:
a. Approve Personnel Recommendations and report as presented.
b. Approve the continued employment of MySchool Interventionist in their current capacity.
Summer Tax Collection
- a. Approve collections per existing agreements.
Tax Collection Agreements
b. Approve new agreements for collection.
New Tax Collection Agreements
c. Approve non-collection of summer taxes.
Non-Collection of Summer Taxes
- Approve the purchase of new and replacement capital outlay items for the Kent Career Technical Center, Kent Innovation High, the Educational Service Center, and Regional Satellite Programs along with technology equipment which will be used campus wide in the amount of $384,500.33.
Capital Outlay Recommendations
- Approve the bid from Netech in the amount of $283,588.77 for an upgrade to the surveillance cameras at KCTC, KTC, the Downtown market and the airport hangar.
Netech Camera bid
- Approve the low bid from Netech in the amount of $44,949.65 for the Kent ISD Cisco Catalyst Switch required to support the operation of the new security cameras.
Netech Switch bid
- Approve thelow bid from Arrow Roofing in the amount of $59,194.00 for the EPDM roofing project at the Kent Career Technical Center.
Arrow Roofing bid
- Approve thelow bid from Hillard Electric, Inc. in the amount of $29,677.00 for the generator upgrade project at the Educational Service Center.
Hillard Electric Generator bid
- Approve the disposition of surplus equipment.
Approve the request for twelve (12) Kent Career Technical Center students and four (4)) Kent Career Technical Center advisors/chaperones to participate in a field trip to Louisville, Kentucky on June 20-25, 2016 to compete in the SkillsUSA 2016 National Competition. One advisor and two state officers will travel to Louisville early (June 17) to attend Leverage training and transport equipment.
SkillsUSA National Competition June 20-25, 2016
- Approve the 2017 Arts in Education Residency grant application request for up to $20,000 to be submitted to the Michigan Council for Arts and cultural Affairs on behalf of Kent Innovation High.
Arts in Education Residency Grant
1. Items from Board Members
2. Superintendent's Report
H. Future Dates
1. Monday, June 20, 2016- Regular School Board meeting at 4:00 p.m. in the Thornapple Room of
the Kent ISD Educational Service Center