June 2016 Board Packet
Click on the button above and save as a PDF to access Agenda and Packet offline and activate tabs in the PDF.
KENT INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
Educational Service Center - Thornapple Room
June 20, 2016- 4:00 P.M.
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Welcome of Visitors and Comments from Visitors
D. General Business
- Approval of minutes from the Special Meeting, the Budget Hearing and the Regular Meeting of the School Board of May 16, 2016. Approval of the minutes from the Closed Board Session of May 16, 2016.
May 2016 Special Meeting Minutes
May 2016 Budget Hearing Minutes
May 2016 Regular Board Meeting Minutes
E. Future Action Items
1. First reading of the Revised Board Policy packet from NEOLA
F. Financial Reports
1. Allowing Bills: May1, 2016 through May 31, 2016.
G. Recommended Action Items:
- Personnel Recommendations:
a. Approve Personnel Recommendations and report as presented.
b. Approve the equity adjustments, and salary recommendations for non-union staff for the
2016-17 school year.
c. Approve the 2016-17 negotiated calendars for GSRP and Kent ISD Career/Technical
Education/Special Education/Kent Innovation High.
d. Approve the creation of a position for a Career Orientation and Readiness Program (CORE)
Instructor and CTE Specialist at the Kent Transition Center.
CTE CORE positions
e. Approve the evaluation and contract adjustment of the Superintendent of Kent ISD.
- Approve amendments to the following 2015-16 budgets:
2015-16 budget amendment letter
a. General Education
General Education amendments
b. Special Education
Special Education amendments
c. Career Technical Education
Career Technical Education amendments
d. Cooperative Education
Cooperative Education amendments
e. Special Education Capital Projects
Special Education Capital Projects amendments
f. CTE Capital Projects
CTE Capital Projects
- Approve the committed funds designation for June 30, 2016.
Fund Equity Designation - Committed Funds
- Approve the recommended 2016-17 Tax Levies:
Actual 2015-16 2016-17
General Education Operating .0898 .0898
Special Education Operating 3.7099 3.7099
Vocational Education Operating .9906 .9906
Total Levy 4.7903 4.7903
2016-17 Recommended Tax Levies
- Approve resolutions for the following 2016-17 budgets:
Adoption of Budgets General Letter
a. General Education: Revenue - $38,000,313 Expenditures - $37,694,299
2016-17 General Education Budget
b. Special Education: Revenue - $193,201,076 Expenditures - $1913,030,586
2016-17 Special Education Budget
c. Career Technical Education:
Revenue - $25,280,238 Expenditures - $24,954,118
2016-17 Career Technical Education Budget
d. Cooperative Education:
Revenue - $4,396,088 Expenditures - $4,076,739
2016-17 Cooperative Education Budget
e. General Education Capital Projects:
Revenue - $65,025 Expenditures - $72,800
2016-17 General Education Capital Projects Budget
f. Special Education Capital Projects:
Revenue - $2,240,422 Expenditures - $2,327,960
2016-17 Special Education Capital Projects Budget
g. Career Technical Education Capital Projects:
Revenue - $2,201,067 Expenditures - $ 1,400,000
2016-17 Career Technical Education Capital Projects Budget
- Approve the purchase of new and replacement capital outlay items along with technology equipment in the amount of $145,759.41
Capital Outlay Request
- Approve the donations received from various donors for school year 2015-16.
2015-16 Donations Received
- Approve the bid from Page Hardware Supply in the amount of $455,497 to replace doors and hardware at the Kent Career Technical Center and the Maintenance/receiving building.
Page Hardware Supply bid
- Approve the request for one Kent Career Technical Center student and one Kent Career Technical Center advisor/chaperone to participate in an overnight trip June 27-30, 2016 to Orlando, Florida for participation in the Microsoft Office Specialist US National Championship.
Microsoft Office Specialist Championships
1. Items from Board Members
2. Superintendent's Report
- Michigan Collaborative Autism Network (MI CAN) Award
- Educator Evaluation Update
Recess - (5 minutes)
I. Other Business
1. Interview candidate for Kent ISD School Board.
2. Selection/Approval of new Kent ISD School Board member to fill the vacancy created by the
resignation of Trustee Tim Grifhorst.
J. Future Dates
1. Monday, July 18, 2016- Kent ISD Organizational School Board meeting at 4:00 p.m. in the
Thornapple Room of the Kent ISD Educational Service Center
2. Monday, August 15, 2016 - Proposed Kent ISD Regular School Board meeting at 4:00 p.m.
in the Thornapple Room of the Kent ISD Educational Service Center
3. Tuesday, August 30, 3016 - Kent ISD All-staff opening day kick-off at 7:30 a.m. at