Click on the button above and save as a PDF to access Agenda and Packet offline and activate tabs in the PDF.
KENT INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
Educational Service Center - Board Room
July 20, 2015- 4:00 P.M.
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Welcome of Visitors and Comments from Visitors
D. Organizational Items
1. Election of Board Officers for the 2015-16 school year
- Vice President
2. Resolution to authorize former treasurer to continue to sign checks until the necessary
documents can be processed and equipment modified, not to exceed ninety (90) days
from this date. (Only needed if a new treasurer is elected.)
Resolution to authorize former treasurer
3. Resolution to designate depositories.
Resolution to designate depositories
4. Resolution to authorize accounts through JP Morgan Chase Bank, NA.
Resolution to authorize accounts - JP Morgan Chase
5. Resolution designating the superintendent or his designee to assume the
responsibilities of the Treasurer for the administration of funds and to sign checks,
contracts, agreements, and purchase orders.
Resolution designating the superintendent
6. Resolution authorizing Electronic Transactions and designating an Electronic Transfer
Resolution authorizing Electronic Transactions
7. Resolution authorizing Kent ISD staff members' use of Kent ISD credit cards for district
Resolution authorizing Kent ISD credit cards
8. Resolution to appoint Legal Counsel to represent Kent ISD
Resolution to appoint Legal Counsel
9. Resolution to approve procedure to call special meetings of the Board.
Resolution to approve procedure - special meetings
10. Resolution to approve the meeting dates for 2015-16.
Resolution to approve board meeting dates
E. General Business
1. Approval of minutes of the Regular School Board Meeting of June 15, 2015 and the
minutes from the Property Transfer Hearing of June 15, 2015
June 15, 2015 Draft Minutes
June 15, 2015 Draft Property Transfer Hearing Minutes
F. Financial Reports
1. Allowing Bills: June 1, 2015 through June 30, 2015.
G. Recommended Action Items:
- Personnel Recommendations:
a. Approve Personnel Recommendations and report as presented
b. Approve the creation of a new position for a Quality Improvement Special
Quality Improvement Special Consultant
c. Approve the creation of a new position for a Coordinator of VI/Media Center.
Coordinator of VI/Media Center
d. Approve the creation of a new position for a Health Education Consultant.
Health Education Consultant
e. Approve the creation of a new position for a Facilities Supervisor.
f. Approve the creation of a new position for a Financial Systems Manager.
Financial Systems Manager
- Second reading and approval of the revised Kent ISD Bylaws and Policies.
Second Reading - Board Policies
- Approve entering into a contract with Progressive AE to serve as the architect and engineering firm and Owens Ames Kimball (OAK) Construction to serve as Construction Manager for the expansion to the Pine Grove Learning Center facility with a total project budget not to exceed $7,750,077. Also, authorize the Assistant Superintendent for Administrative Services and the Director of Facilities to sign all necessary contracts and documents.
Pine Grove Learning Center Contract
- Approve the sale of 911 Peachcrest Court, NE to Marion King and the sale of 921 Peachcrest Court, NE, to Jared DeHaan and Mallory DeHaan, and also authorize the Assistant Superintendent for Administrative Services to execute any documents necessary to conclude the sale of this home.
Residential Construction Home Sales
- Approve the bid from Presidio Networked Solutions, Inc. in the amount of $1,374,604.37 for the infrastructure upgrade contingent upon successful contract negotiations.
Infrastructure Upgrade Bid
- Approve the Buy/Sell Agreement for 2900 Knapp Street at a cost of $60,000 plus broker and closing costs and also authorize the Associate Superintendent for Administrative Services to sign all necessary documents to complete the purchase.
2900 Knapp Street Property
1. Items from Board Members
2. Superintendent's Report
I. Future Dates
1. Proposed Kent ISD Regular School Board meeting on Monday, August 17, 2015 at 4:00
p.m. in the Board Room of the Kent ISD Educational Service Center
2. 12th Annual Diversity Kick-Off on Thursday, August 20, 2015 at 8:00 a.m. at the Northview
High School Auditorium.
3. Kent ISD All-Staff Opening Day Kick-Off on Monday, August 31, 2015 at 7:30 a.m. at