Click on the button above and save as a PDF to access Agenda and Packet offline and activate tabs in the PDF.
KENT INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
Educational Service Center - Thornapple Room
February 22, 2016- 6:00 P.M.
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Welcome of Visitors and Comments from Visitors
D. General Business
1. Approval of the minutes from the January 18, 2016 Regular School board Meeting
January 18, 2016 Draft Minutes
E. Financial Reports
1. Allowing Bills: January 1, 2016 through January 31, 2016.
F. Recommended Action Items:
- Personnel Recommendations:
a. Approve Personnel Recommendations and report as presented.
b. Approve hiring of three (3) Early Literacy Coaches.
Early Literacy Coaches
c. Approve reclassification of Student Management System Technician position to
Student Management System Coordinator - Professional Position.
SMST Job Reclassification
- Approve developing specifications and seeking bids for the 2016-17 capital outlay, replacement equipment and building improvement requests.
2016-17 Capital Outlay Requests
- Approve the striking of personal property taxes from previous tax rolls.
Petition to strike Personal Property Taxes from Previous Tax Rolls
- Approve the request for 31 Kent Career Technical Center and HSECA students to participate in the HOSA State Competition April 14-16, 2016 in Traverse City, Michigan.
HOSA State Competition
- Approve property transfer of Permanent Parcel # 41-02-28-300-029 from Cedar
Springs Public Schools to Kent City Community Schools.
Property Transfer Request - Cedar Springs Public Schoolsto Kent City Community
- Approve property transfer of Permanent Parcel # 41-10-08-200-043 from Comstock Park Public Schools to Rockford Public Schools.
Property Transfer Request - Comstock Park to Rockford Public Schools
- Approve property transfer of Permanent Parcel # 41-22-29-100-037 from Caledonia Community Schools to Byron Center Public Schools and Permanent Parcel # 41-22-29-100-033 from Byron Center Public Schools to Caledonia Community Schools.
Property Transfer Request - between Byron Center Public Schools and
Caledonia Community Schools
1. Instructional Services Report
2. Report from Board Members
3. Superintendent's Report
H. Future Dates
1. February 25, 2016 - KCTC Spring Open House from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. at the Kent
Career Technical center.
2. March 3, 2016 - KIASB Legislative Dinner meeting at the Downtwon Market at 6:00 p.m.
3. March 4, 2016 - MASB Sponsored CBA Classes at Kent ISD
4. March 17, 2016 - KTC Spring Open House from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. at the Kent
5. March 21, 2016 - Regular meeting of the Kent ISD school board at 6:00 p.m. in
the Thornapple Room of the Kent ISD Educational Service Center.
6. March 24, 2016 - CBA Course 344 - Data First: High School and Beyond from 6:00 - 9:00
p.m. in the rogue Room at the Kent ISD Educational Service Center
7. June 12-14, 2016 - NSBA Advocacy Institute Conference in Washington, D.C.