Click on the button above and save as a PDF to access Agenda and Packet offline and activate tabs in the PDF.
KENT INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
Educational Service Center - Thornapple Room
April 18, 2016- 6:00 P.M.
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Welcome of Visitors and Comments from Visitors
D. General Business
1. Approval of the minutes from the Regular School Board Meeting of March 21, 2016
and the minutes from the Property Transfer Hearing of March 21, 2016.
March 21 Meeting Minutes Draft
March 21 Property Transfer Hearing Draft
E. Financial Reports
1. Allowing Bills: March 1, 2016 through March 31, 2016.
F. Discussion Items:
1. Review of proposed 2016-2017 Kent ISD Budget.
2. Administrative Updates
- Assessment of Kent ISD Facilities: Recommendation of facility improvement
projects - 5 year plan
- MySchool@Kent: Restructuring of program delivery after 4-year pilot
- Adult Education - Transfer of program from LEA(s) to Kent ISD
- Reinstatement of Classified Staff schedule
G. Recommended Action Items:
- Personnel Recommendations:
a. Approve Personnel Recommendations and report as presented.
b. Approve Summer Calendar Recommendation.
Summer Calendar Recommendation
c. Approve creation of adult education positions.
Adult Education position recommendations
d. Approve creation of positions for a Manufacturing Program Instructor and for a
CTE Specialist at the Kent Transition Center.
CTE Manufacturing Program Recommendation
e. Approve a new instructor position for the HSECA Diagnostic Services
HSECA Diagnostic Services Program Position
f. Approve changes to the MySchool@Kent staffing to replace temporary
positions with five coach/instructor positions and three mentor/paraeducator
positions as permanent staff.
MySchool@Kent Staffing Recommendations
- Approve payment of Act 18 funds to local districts in the amount of $18,712,393.
Act 18 Funds Payment
- Approve the Budget Hearing for May 16, 2016 at 5:30 p.m. and the "Notice of Public Hearing" to be published in the Grand Rapids Press.
May 16 Budget Hearing
- Approve the purchase of new and replacement capital outlay items along with technology equipment for the Kent Career Technical Center, the Kent Transition Center, Kent Innovation High School, Early Childhood, the Educational Service Center, the Facilities Office and Regional Satellite Programs in the amount of $390,831.04.
Capital Outlay Recommendation
- Approve the bid from Fiber Link Inc. in the amount of $2,872,992.40 with a contingency fund of $145,000 for the Wide Area Network contingent upon successful contract negotiations and approval by USF for funding.
Fiber Link Inc. bid
1. Report from Board Members
2. Superintendent's Report
I. Future Dates
1. Thursday, April 28, 2016 - KIASB/MASB Awards Dinner Meeting at 6:00 p.m. at the
Kent Career Technical Center
2. Monday, May 16, 2016 - Budget Hearing at 5:30 p.m. in the Thornapple Room of
the Kent ISD Educational Service Center
3. Monday, May 16, 2016 - Regular School Board meeting at 6:00 p.m. in the Thornapple
Room of the Kent ISD Educational Service Center
4. June 12-14, 2016 - NSBA Advocacy Institute Conference in Washington D.C.