Click on the button above and save as a PDF to access Agenda and Packet offline and activate tabs in the PDF.
KENT INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
Educational Service Center - Board Room
May 11, 2015 - 6:00 P.M.
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Welcome of Visitors and Comments from Visitors
D. General Business
1. Approval of the minutes from the Regular School Board Meeting of April 20, 2015,
the Special Board Meeting April 27, 2015 and the minutes of the April 27, 2015
closed board session.
April 20, 2015 Meeting Minutes
April 27, 2015 Meeting Minutes
E. Financial Reports
1. Allowing Bills: April 1, 2015 through April 30, 2015.
F. Recommended Action Items:
- Personnel Recommendations:
a. Approve Personnel Recommendations and report as presented.
b. Approve the new hire recommendation for an IT Instructor in the Kent Career
Technical Center Information Technology Program.
IT Hiring Recommendation
c. Approve the 23015-16 negotiated calendar for Kent ISD Career/Technical
Education/Kent Transition Center/Special Education/MySchool@Kent/Kent
d. Approve the evaluation of the Superintendent of Kent ISD.
- Summer Tax Collection
a. Approve collections per existing agreements.
Tax Collection Agreements
b. Approve new agreements for collection.
New Tax Collection Agreements
c. Approve non-collection of summer taxes.
Non-Collection of Summer Taxes
- Approve the purchase of new and replacement capital outlay items along with technology equipment for the Kent Career Technical Center, the Kent Transition Center, Kent Innovation High, MySchool@Kent, the Educational Service Center, the Facilities Office and Regional Satellite Programs in the amount of $500,719.65.
Capital Outlay Recommendations
- Approve the bid from Flier Brothers in the amount of $131,000 for earthwork and the bid from Lite Load Service in the amount of $38,050 for asphalt paving for the construction of the KTC parking addition.
KTC Parking addition bids
- Approve the bid from B & V Mechanical in the amount of $146,160 for the replacement of unit ventilator equipment and upgraded controls at the Kent Career Technical Center.
HVAC Replacement Equipment bid
- Approve the bid from LPDA in the amount of $12,400 for the replacement of ceiling tiles at the ESC and the bid from LJ Trumble Builders in the amount of $13,500 for the replacement of ceiling tiles at KCTC.
Ceiling Tile Replacement bids
- Approve the request for one Kent Career Technical Center student and one Kent Career Technical Center advisor to participate in a trip to Anaheim, California to compete in the Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) National Competition on June 23-27, 2015.
HOSA National Competition June 23-27, 2015
- Approve the request for eighteen (18) Kent Career Technical Center students and three (3) Kent Career Technical Center instructional or instructional support staff to participate in a field trip to Louisville, Kentucky on June 22-27, 2015 to compete in the SkillsUSA 2015 National Competition.
SkillsUSA National Competition June 22-27, 2015
- Approve the request for five (5) Student State Officers and one (1) Kent Career Technical Center advisor to attend the 2015 National Leverage training June 19-22, 2015 in Louisville, Kentucky prior to the SkillsUSA 2015 National Competition.
SkillsUSA National Leverage training June 19-22, 2015
- Approve the request for four (4) Kent ISD student SkillsUSA Officers and one (1) advisor to participate in a field trip to attend the SkillsUSA CTSO State Officer training in Dearborn, Michingan May 16-18, 2015.
SkillsUSA CTSO State Officer Training May 16-18, 2015
- Approve the sale of 911 Peachcrest Court, NE to Jeffrey J. Cole and Patricia L. Farrell-Cole and also authorize the Assistant Superintendent for Administrative Services to execute any documents necessary to conclude the sale of this home.
Home Sale Agreement
1. Instructional Service Update
2. Items from Board Members
3. Superintendent's Report
H. Future Dates
1. Wednesday, June 3, 2015 - Kent ISD Staff Retirement Reception at 2:30 p.m. in the Grand
Room at the Kent ISD Educational Service Center
2. Monday, June 15, 2015 - Regular School Board meeting at 6:00 p.m. in the Board Room of
the Kent ISD Educational Service Center
3. Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - Retirement Open House for Kevin Konarska from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
in the Grand Room at the Kent ISD Educational Service Center