Click on the button above and save as a PDF to access Agenda and Packet offline and activate tabs in the PDF.
KENT INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
Educational Service Center - Board Room
March 9, 2015- 11:30 A.M.
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Welcome of Visitors and Comments from Visitors
D. General Business
1. Approval of the minutes from the February 9, 2015 Regular School board Meeting.
February 9, 2015 Draft Minutes
E. Financial Reports
1. Allowing Bills: February 1, 2015 through February 28, 2015.
F. Recommended Action Items:
- Personnel Recommendations:
a. Approve Personnel Recommendations and report as presented.
- Approve the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs Assurances regarding the grant awarded to Kent Innovation High.
WMCAT Grant Assurances
- Approve the striking of personal property taxes from previous tax rolls.
Petition to strike Personal Property Taxes from Previous Tax Rolls
- Approve Owen Ames Kimball (OAK) as the Construction Manager for the Early Childhood parking lot with a budget not to exceed $200,000 and authorize the Assistant Superintendent for Administrative Services and/or the Director of Facilities to sign all necessary contracts and documents.
Early Childhood Parking Lot
- Approve the purchase of technology equipment for the Early On Program and MySchool@Kent in the amount of $46,463.
Capital Outlay Bids for Technology Equipment
- Approve the bid from Altra Products Inc. in the amount of $81,500 for a Garmat paint spray booth for the Auto Body Program at KCTC.
Altra Products Bid
- Approve the request for 31 KCTC and HSECA students to participate in the HOSA State Competition April 16-18, 2015 in Traverse City, Michigan.
HOSA State Competition participation request
- Approve the request for 70 KCTC students and 13 advisors to participate in the SkillsUSA state competition April 17-19, 2015 in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
SkillsUSA Competition participation request
G. Communications/Reports:1. Report from Board Members
2. Superintendent's Report
H. Future Dates1. Thursday, March 12, 2015 - KTC Spring Open House from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. at the Kent
2. Week of March 16, 2015 - Special Board meetings- Interviews for Kent ISD Superintendent
3. Thursday, March 19, 2015 - CBA Course 375 - Board Leadership: A Case Study Approach
from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. in the Thornapple Room at the Kent ISD Educational Service Center
4. Monday, March 30, 2015 - Meeting with AdvancED External Review Team from 11:00 -
11:45 a.m. at the Kent ISD Educational Service Center
5. Wednesday, April 1, 2015 - Special Kent ISD School Board Meeting at 12:00 p.m. at the
Kent ISD Educational Service Center
6. Thursday, April 16, 2015 - KIASB/MASB Legislative and Awards Dinner meeting at 6:00
p.m. at the Kent Career Technical Center
7. Monday, April 20, 2015 - REgular School Board meeting at 6:00 p.m. in the Board Room of
the Kent ISD Educational Service Center