Click on the button above and save as a PDF to access Agenda and Packet offline and activate tabs in the PDF.
KENT INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
Educational Service Center - Board Room
June 15, 2015- 4:00 P.M.
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Welcome of Visitors and Comments from Visitors
D. General Business
- Acceptance of Office by elected board members Tim Grifhorst and Fred Thorne.
Acceptance of Office
- Approval of minutes from the May 11, 2015 Budget Hearing and Regular Meeting of the School Board and minutes from the June 1, 2015 Biennial School Board Election Meeting.
May 11, 2015 Budget Hearing Minutes
May 11, 2015 Meeting Minutes
June 1, 2015 Biennial School Board Election Minutes
E. Financial Reports
1. Allowing Bills: May1, 2015 through May 31, 2015.
F. Recommended Action Items:
- Personnel Recommendations:
a. Approve Personnel Recommendations and report as presented.
b. Approve equity adjustments and salary recommendations for non-union staff for
the 2015-16 school year.
c. Public hearing on policy 5517.01 - Bullying and other aggressive behavior
NEOLA Board Policy Update
- Approve the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs Assurances regarding the grant awarded to Kent Innovation High.
MCACAA KIH Grant
- Approve amendments to the following 2014-15 budgets:
2014-15 budget amendment letter
a. General Education
General Education amendments
b. Special Education
Special Education amendments
c. Career Technical Education
Career Technical Education amendments
d. Cooperative Education
Cooperative Education amendments
e. Special Education Capital Projects
Special Education Capital Projects amendments
- Approve the committed funds designation for June 30, 2015.
Fund Equity Designation - Committed Funds
- Approve the recommended 2015-16 Tax Levies:
Actual 2014-15 2015-16
General Education Operating .0898 .0898
Special Education Operating 3.7099 3.7099
Vocational Education Operating .8906 .9906
Total Levy 4.6903 4.7903
2015-16 Recommended Tax Levies
- Approve resolutions for the following 2015-16 budgets:
Adoption of Budgets General Letter
a. General Education: Revenue - $34,784,567 Expenditures - $35,143,544
2015-16 General Education Budget
b. Special Education: Revenue - $190,867,051 Expenditures - $191,067,948
2015-16 Special Education Budget
c. Career Technical Education:
Revenue - $24,417,843 Expenditures - $24,738,852
2015-16 Career Technical Education Budget
d. Cooperative Education:
Revenue - $4,655,057 Expenditures - $4,678,412
2015-16 Cooperative Education Budget
e. General Education Capital Projects:
Revenue - $25 Expenditures - $0
2015-16 General Education Capital Projects Budget
f. Special Education Capital Projects:
Revenue - $2,141,487 Expenditures - $6,343,509
2015-16 Special Education Capital Projects Budget
g. Career Technical Education Capital Projects:
Revenue - $2,100,000 Expenditures - $ 0
2015-16 Career Technical Education Capital Projects Budget
- Approve the purchase of new and replacement capital outlay items along with technology equipment in the amount of $119,744.84
Capital Outlay Request
- Approve the donations received from various donors for school year 2014-15.
2014-15 Donations Received
- Approve the disposition of surplus equipment.
- Approve revisions to the student handbook for Kent Career Technical Center for 2015-16.
KCTC Student Handbook Revisions
- Approve revisions to the student handbook for Kent Innovation High for 2015-16.
KIH Student Handbook Revisions
- Approve revisions to the student handbook for Kent Transition Center for 2015-16.
KTC Student Handbook Revisions
- Approve revisions to the student handbook for Kent Transition Center Work Based Learning Handbook for 2015-16.
KTC Work Based Learning Student Handbook Revisions
1. First reading of the Revised Board Policy packet from NEOLA
2. Items from Board Members
3. Superintendent's Report
H. Future Dates1. Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - Retirement Open House for Kevin Konarska from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
in the Grand Room at the Kent ISD Educational Service Center
2. Monday, July 20, 2015 - Kent ISD Organizational School Board meeting at 4:00 p.m. in the
Board Room of the Kent ISD Educational Service Center
3. Monday, August 17, 2015 - Proposed Kent ISD Regular School Board meeting at 4:00 p.m.
in the Board Room of the Kent ISD Educational Service Center
4. Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 12thAnnual Diversity Kick-Off at 7:45 a.m. at the Northview
5. Monday, August 31, 2015 - Kent ISD All-staff opening day kick-off at 7:30 a.m. at