Click on the button above and save as a PDF to access Agenda and Packet offline and activate tabs in the PDF.
KENT INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
Educational Service Center - Board Room
July 22, 2014 - 4:00 P.M.
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Welcome of Visitors and Comments from Visitors
D. Organizational Items
1. Election of Board Officers for the 2014-15 school year
- Vice President
2. Resolution to authorize former treasurer to continue to sign checks until the necessary
documents can be processed and equipment modified, not to exceed ninety (90) days
from this date. (Only needed if a new treasurer is elected.)
Resolution to authorize former treasurer
3. Resolution to designate depositories.
Resolution to designate depositories
4. Resolution to authorize accounts through JP Morgan Chase Bank, NA.
Resolution to authorize accounts - JP Morgan Chase
5. Resolution designating the superintendent or his designee to assume the
responsibilities of the Treasurer for the administration of funds and to sign checks,
contracts, agreements, and purchase orders.
Resolution designating the superintendent
6. Resolution authorizing Electronic Transactions and designating an Electronic Transfer
Resolution authorizing Electronic Transactions
7. Resolution authorizing Kent ISD staff members' use of Kent ISD credit cards for district
Resolution authorizing Kent ISD credit cards
8. Resolution to appoint Legal Counsel to represent Kent ISD
Resolution to appoint Legal Counsel
9. Resolution to approve procedure to call special meetings of the Board.
Resolution to approve procedure - special meetings
10. Resolution to approve the meeting dates for 2014-15.
Resolution to approve board meeting dates
E. General Business
1. Approval of minutes of the Regular School Board Meeting of June 16, 2014
June 16, 2014 Draft Minutes
F. Financial Reports
1. Allowing Bills: June 1, 2014 through June 30, 2014.
G. Recommended Action Items:
- Personnel Recommendations:
a. Approve Personnel Recommendations and report as presented
b. Approve a contract with Grandville Public Schools for a .3 FTE County Learning
Learning Lab Coordinator
c. Approve the creation of a new position for an Instructional Coach for Secondary
Instructional Coach for Secondary Programs
d. Approve the creation of three new Career Exploration Coordinator positions.
Career Exploration Coordinators
- Approve revisions to the student handbook for Kent Transition Center for 2014-15.
2014-15 KTC Handbook and Changes
- Approve revisions to the student handbook for Kent Career Technical Center for 2014-15.
2014-15 KCTC Handbook and Changes
- Approve revisions to the student handbook for Kent Innovation High for 2014-15.
2014-15 KIH Handbook and Changes
- Adopt the Kent ISD School Board New Member Handbook
Draft Kent ISD School Board New Member Handbook
- Approve the low bid from Presidio in the amount of $365,000 for the upgrade of Kent ISD's network infrastructure.
- Approve the purchase of new and replacement capital outlay items along with technology equipment in the amount of $20,226.46
- Approve the disposition of surplus equipment.
- Adopt resolution in support of the Michigan Personal Property Tax Proposal
Michigan Personal Property Tax Proposal Resolution
- Second reading and approval of the revised Kent ISD Bylaws and Policies.
Second Reading - Board Policies
1. Items from Board Members
2. Superintendent's Report
I. Future Dates
1. Proposed Kent ISD Regular School Board meeting on Monday, August 18, 2014 at 4:00
p.m. in the Board Room of the Kent ISD Educational Service Center
2. 11th Annual Diversity Kick-Off on Thursday, August 14, 2014 at 8:00 a.m. at the Ottawa
Hills High School Auditorium.
3. Kent ISD All-Staff Opening Day Kick-Off on Monday, August 25, 2014 at 7:30 a.m. at