Click on the button above and save as a PDF to access Agenda and Packet offline and activate tabs in the PDF.
KENT INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
Educational Service Center - Board Room
September 16, 2013 - 6:00 P.M.
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Welcome of Visitors and Comments from Visitors
D. General Business
1. Approval of minutes of the Regular School Board Meeting of August 19, 2013.
August 19, 2013 Draft Minutes
E. Financial Reports
1. Allowing Bills: August 1, 2013 through August 31, 2013.
F. Recommended Action Items:
- Personnel Recommendations:
Approve Personnel Recommendations and report as presented
- Approve the distribution of $20 million of Act 18 Special Education Funds to our local districts based on the payout formula authorized by the Kent Intermediate Superintendents' Association.
Act 18 Fund Distribution
- Approve contracting with Metiri in the amount of $135,800 for the 2013-14 maintenance and support, state-wide rollout and additional functionality of the MTRAx application.
- Approve nominees for open Parent Advisory Special Education (P.A.S.E.) seats for the 2013-2016 term as approved by our local education agencies.
2013-2016 P.A.S.E. Nominations
- Resolution urging continued implementation and funding of the Common Core State Standards.
Common Core State Standards Resolution
1. Update on Health Sciences Early College Academy - Downtown Market
2. Items from Board Members
3. Superintendent's Report
H. Future Dates
1. Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. - Kent Intermediate Association of School Boards (KIASB) Dinner Meeting and presentation of the Educational Advocacy Award at Grand Rapids Public Schools – Ottawa Hills High School.
2. Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. - CBA Class 104: Basic School Law in the Rogue Room of the Kent ISD Educational Service Center
3. Monday, October 21, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. – Regular Meeting of the Kent ISD School Board in the Board Room of the Kent ISD Educational Service Center.
4. October 24-27, 2013 – MASB 2013 Annual Conference and Exhibit Show in the Lansing Center, Lansing MI