Click on the button above and save as a PDF to access Agenda and Packet offline and activate tabs in the PDF.
KENT INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
Educational Service Center - Board Room
May 19, 2014 - 6:00 P.M.
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Welcome of Visitors and Comments from Visitors
D. General Business
1. Approval of minutes of the Regular School Board Meeting of April 21, 2014
April 21, 2014 Draft Minutes
Approval of minutes of the Closed Board Work Session of April 21, 2014
Approval of minutes of the Closed Board Work Session of May 14, 2014
E. Financial Reports
1. Allowing Bills: April 1, 2014 through April 30, 2014.
F. Recommended Action Items:
- Personnel Recommendations:
a. Approve personnel recommendations and report as presented
b. Approve new hire recommendation for a Technical Assistance Partner (TAP) for
MDE's MiBLSI project.
New Hire Recommendation
c. Approve the resolution for layoff of KISD staff for the 2014-15 school year.
2014-15 KISD Staff Layoff
d. Approve the Equity/Merit adjustments and salary recommendations for
Non-Union staff for the 2014-15 school year.
2014-15 Salary Recommendations
Addendum - Salary Recommendations
e. Approve the 2014-15 negotiated calendars for GSRP and KISD Career Technical
Education/Special Education/Kent Innovation High Calendar.
f. Approve the evaluation of the Superintendent of Kent ISD.
- Summer Tax Collection:.
a. Approve collections per existing agreements.
Sunmmer Tax existing agreements
b. Approve new agreements for collection.
New agreement - Algoma Township
c. Approve non-collection of summer taxes.
Summer taxes - non-collection
- Approve the purchase of new and replacement capital outlay items along with technology equipment for the Kent Career Technical Center, the Kent Transition Center, Kent Innovation High School, MySchool@Kent, Kent Conference Center, the Educational Service Center and Regional Satellite Programs in the amount of $313,159.11.
Capital outlay bids
- Approve the proposed Software and License Purchase Agreement and the Security Agreement with Direct Hit Technology Services, Inc. Also, approve having the Assistant Superintendent of Administrative Services execute both documents.
Software and License Purchase Agreement
- Approve the Low Effort Data Collection bid from Metech Corporation in an amount not to exceed $366,069.94 contingent upon successful contract negotiations. Additionally, approve the Metiri Group be engaged to develop the necessary integration of this solution into the MTRAx application at a cost of $29,000.
Low Effort Data Collection Bid
- Approve the disposition of surplus equipment.
Disposition of surplus equipment
- Approve the request for eight (8) Kent Career Technical Center students and two (2) Kent Career Technical Center instructional or instructional support staff to participate in a field trip to Orlando, Florida to compete in the Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) National Competition on June 24-29, 2014.
Memo regarding HOSA National Competition
- Approve the request for nine (9) Kent Career Technical Center students and three (3) Kent Career Technical Center instructional or instructional support staff to participate in a field trip to Kansas City, Missouri on June 23-28, 2014 to compete in the SkillsUSA 2014 National competition.
Memo regarding SkillsUSA National Competition
- Approve the request for four (4) Kent Career Technical Center students to attend both the 2014 National Leverage training June 21-22, 2014 and the SkillsUSA 2014 National Competition June 23-28, 2014 in Kansas City, MO.
Memo regarding SkillsUSA 2014 National Leverage training
- Approve the request for four KISD students to attend the National Youth Leadership Institute July 20-24, 2014 in Orlando, Florida.
Memo regarding National Youth Leadership Institute Institute
- Approve the request to transfer Permanent Parcel #41-10-20-251-004 from Comstock Park Public Schools to Rockford Public Schools.
Property Transfer Request Comstock Park to Rockford
- Approve the request to transfer Permanent Parcel #41-09-36-101-037 from Kenowa Hills Public Schools to Comstock Park Public Schools.
Property Transfer Request Kenowa Hills to Comstock Park
1. Items from Board Members
2. Superintendent's Report
H. Future Dates
1. Kent ISD Staff Retirement Reception on Thursday, June 5, 2014 at 2:30 p.m. in the Coldwater Room of the Kent ISD Educational Service Center.
2. Kent ISD Regular School Board meeting on Monday, June 16, 2014 at 4:00 p.m. in the Board Room of the Kent ISD Educational Service Center