Click on the button above and save as a PDF to access Agenda and Packet offline and activate tabs in the PDF.
KENT INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
Educational Service Center - Board Room
July 15, 2013 - 4:00 P.M.
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Welcome of Visitors and Comments from Visitors
D. Organizational Items
1. Election of Board Officers for the 2013-14 school year
- Vice President
2. Resolution to authorize former treasurer to continue to sign checks until the necessary
documents can be processed and equipment modified, not to exceed ninety (90) days
from this date. (Only needed if a new treasurer is elected.)
Resolution to authorize former treasurer
3. Resolution to designate depositories.
Resolution to designate depositories
4. Resolution to authorize accounts through JP Morgan Chase Bank, NA.
Resolution to authorize accounts - JP Morgan Chase
5. Resolution designating the superintendent or his designee to assume the
responsibilities of the Treasurer for the administration of funds and to sign checks,
contracts, agreements, and purchase orders.
Resolution designating the superintendent
6. Resolution authorizing Electronic Transactions and designating an Electronic Transfer
Resolution authorizing Electronic Transactions
7. Resolution authorizing Kent ISD staff members' use of Kent ISD credit cards for district
Resolution authorizing Kent ISD credit cards
8. Resolution to appoint Legal Counsel to represent Kent ISD
Resolution to appoint Legal Counsel
9. Resolution to approve procedure to call special meetings of the Board.
Resolution to approve procedure - special meetings
10. Resolution to approve the meeting dates for 2013-14
Resolution to approve board meeting dates
E. General Business
1. Approval of minutes of the Regular School Board Meeting of June 17, 2013
June 17, 2013 Draft Minutes
F. Financial Reports
1. Allowing Bills: June 1, 2013 through June 30, 2013.
G. Recommended Action Items:
- Personnel Recommendations:
a. Approve Personnel Recommendations and report as presented
b. Resolution to approve the continued employment of a Nurse/Bus Attendant
sub-contracted through Community Care Givers.
Resolution regarding staff
- Approve revisions to the student handbook for Kent Transition Center for 2013-14.
2013-14 KTC Handbook and Changes
- Approve revisions to the student handbook for Kent Career Technical Center for 2013-14.
2013-14 KCTC Handbook and Changes
- Approve revisions to the student handbook for Kent Innovation High for 2013-14.
2013-14 KIH Handbook and Changes
- Approve the fiber connection project bid from IS Fiber Services in the amount of $125,901.80
Fiber Connection Project Bid
- Approve the Kent Innovation High audio visual equipment and installation bid from Central Interconnect in the amout of $117,522.
Kent Innovation High AV Bid
- Approve the disposition of surplus equipment.
1. First reading of Kent ISD Bylaws & Policies # 4215 - Use of Tobacco by Classified Staff
Board Policy # 4215 Update
2. Items from Board Members
3. Superintendent's Report
I. Future Dates
1. Proposed Kent ISD Regular School Board meeting on Monday, August 19, 2013 at 4:00
p.m. in the Board Room of the Kent ISD Educational Service Center
2. Kent ISD All-Staff Opening Day Kick-Off on Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 7:30 a.m. at
3. 10th Annual Diversity Kick-Off on Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. at the Wyoming
Jr. High Performing Arts Center