Click on the button above and save as a PDF to access Agenda and Packet offline and activate tabs in the PDF.
KENT INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
Educational Service Center - Board Room
February 10, 2014- 6:00 P.M.
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Welcome of Visitors and Comments from Visitors
D. General Business
1. Approval of minutes of the Regular Meeting of January 20, 2014
January 20, 2014 Draft Minutes
E. Financial Reports
1. Allowing Bills: January 1, 2014 through January 31, 2014.
F. Recommended Action Items:
- Personnel Recommendations:
a. Approve Personnel Recommendations and report as presented.
- Approve developing specifications and seeking bids for the 2014-15 capital outlay, replacement equipment and building improvement requests.
2014-15 Capital Outlay Requests
- Approve the Adoption Agreement which sets the terms and conditions of the 403(b) Tax-Sheltered Annuity Plan Kent ISD makes available to its employees and authorize the Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources to sign the updated Adoption Agreement.
MRIC Secion 403(b) Adoption Agreement
- Approve the striking of personal property taxes from previous tax rolls.
Petition to strike Personal Property Taxes from Previous Tax Rolls
- Approve the request for 47 Kent Career Technical Center students to participate in the HOSA State Competition in Traverse City, Michigan on April 24-26, 2014.
Memo regarding HOSA State Competition
- Approve letter of commitment for Kent ISD to pursue accreditation through AdvancED.
AdvancED Letter of Commitment
2. Report from Board Members
3. Superintendent's Report
H. Future Dates
1. KIASB Dinner and Presentation hosted by Ferris State University on February 11, 2014 at
the Woobridge N. Ferris Builing (formerly old Federal Building - Grand Rapids).
2. Kent ISD Regular School Board meeting on Monday, March 17, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. in
the Board Room of the Kent ISD Educational Service Center
3. KIASB /MASB Legislative and Awards Dinner meeting on Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 6:00
p.m. at the Kent ISD Conference Center.