Click on the button above and save as a PDF to access Agenda and Packet offline and activate tabs in the PDF.
KENT INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
Educational Service Center - Board Room
** REVISED AGENDA**
April 21, 2014- 6:00 P.M.
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Welcome of Visitors and Comments from Visitors
D. General Business
1. Approval of minutes of the April 16, 2014 Board Work Session and the minutes of
the Regular School Board Meeting of March 17, 2014.
March 17, 2014 Draft Minutes
April 16 Board Work Session Draft Minutes
E. Financial Reports
1. Allowing Bills: March 1, 2014 through March 31, 2014.
F. Recommended Action Items:
- Personnel Recommendations:
a. Approve Personnel Recommendations and report as presented
b. Approve hiring two IT technicians and one engineer to support Region 1 and
create a permanent help desk position at Kent ISD.
IT Personnel Request
c. Approve the creation of a Director of Early Childhood Education position for
Kent ISD and promote the Assistant Director of Special Education, Michael
Ghareeb, to the Director of Early Childhood Education position created.
Personnel Recommendations - Addendum
- Approve payment of Act 18 funds to local districts in the amount of $17,777,392.
Act 18 Special Education funds for 2013-2014
- Approve the resolution designating the School Board of Kent ISD as the policyholder for group health insurance benefits for all school district employees commencing with the 2013-14 school year and thereafter.
Resolution regarding policyholder for group health insurance benefits
- Approve the resolution certifying Kent ISD has met the requirements of best practice.
ISD Best Practice Resolution
- Approve the Budget Hearing for May 19, 2014 at 5:30 p.m. and the "Notice of Public Hearing" to be published in the Grand Rapids Press.
May 19th Budget Hearing Public Notice
- Approve the amended request for four Kent Career Technical Center students to participate in the MITES State Competition May 8-9, 2014 in Ann arbor, Michigan.
MITES State Competition Request
- Approve the request for four Kent Career Technical Center students to participate in the Ford/AAA Auto Skills State Finalist competition April 22-23, 2014 in Warren, MI.
Ford/AAA Auto Skills State Finalist Competition Request
- Approve the request for twenty (20) students from KCTC and KIH to participate in the Historical Fort Project trip May 15-16, 2014 in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Historical Fort Project Trip Request
- Adopt a resolution declining the renewal of an administrative contract for current personnel.
Resolution - Non-renewal of contract
1. Items from Board Members
2. Superintendent's Report
H. Future Dates
1. Monday, May 19, 2014 at 5:30 p.m. - Budget Hearing in the Board Room at the Kent ISD
Educational Service Center
2. Monday, May 19, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. - Regular Meeting of the Kent ISD School Board in the
Board Room at the Kent ISD Educational Service Center