If you like cars, trucks and related equipment, join us for expert training on state-of-the-art equipment. Learn about the vehicle industry and how to service a variety of customer vehicles.
You can learn:
- General maintenance servicing of vehicles
- Replacement of engine coolant, engine oil, transmission fluid, power steering fluid
- Tire service including mounting, balancing, rotating, failure analysis, repairing and customer wheel service
- Complete detailing, including finish restoration and car prep
- Basic car care services such as safety inspection and lamp replacement
- Hand Tool and shop safety identification and usage
- Electrical system repair and diagnosis
Meet the Instructor:
Welcome to Kent Transition Center Automotive class. My name is Clayton Powell. Teaching is a rewarding field. I am in this profession for the students. I love seeing that moment when the students grasp a concept and really get excited about their learning. This is my fifteen year teaching automotive technology. I have been with KTC for the past three years. Before I started teaching I was a automobile technician at a local General Motors dealership. I hold ASE certifications in Brakes, Electrical, Engine Repair, Engine Performance, Steering/Suspension and Maintenance and Light Repair. I am married with two children, 7 year old son and a 5 year old daughter. Out side of class as a family we love to camp. Over the last couple years we have traveled more then 12,000 with camper in tow.