If you like cars, trucks and related equipment, join us for expert training on state-of-the-art equipment. Learn about the vehicle industry and how to service a variety of customer vehicles.
You can learn:
- General maintenance servicing of vehicles
- Replacement of engine coolant, engine oil, transmission fluid, power steering fluid
- Tire service including mounting, balancing, rotating, failure analysis, repairing and customer wheel service
- Complete detailing, including finish restoration and car prep
- Basic car care services such as safety inspection and lamp replacement
- Hand Tool and shop safety identification and usage
- Electrical system repair and diagnosis
Meet the Instructor:
Hello! I am Clayton Powell, Kent Transition Center Automotive Instructor. I am excited to work at KTC and enjoy seeing that moment when the students grasp a concept and really get excited about their learning. One of the best things about my job is sharing ideas and knowledge with the students and watching them grow throughout the school year.
- 5 years as a technician in General Motors Dealerships
- 15 years teaching Automotive Technology
- Adjunct Instructor for Montcalm Community College
- Master's in Education, Spring Arbor University
- Bachelor's in Technical Education, Ferris State University
- Associate Degree, Ferris State University
- Engine Repair
- Engine Performance
- Maintenence and Light Repair
More About Me
My wife Kelly and I have two children, Bryson and Delaney. the kids keep us busy as they participate in many activities ranging from sports to boy and girl scouts. During our free time we also enjoy camping.