Early Childhood Careers
Careers in the Human Services pathway are related to economic, political, and social systems. If you like helping families, working with children and community partners then come join our fun and energetic team. Families are our future!
You Can Learn ...
- Human Services Career Cluster Exploration
- Child Care Careers
- Safety and Sanitation
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- Child Growth and Development Stages
- Creating Learning Activities
- Nutrition and Health
- Working with Families & Communities
Students considering this program:
- Have excellent punctuality and attendance
- Can communicate well with peers, parents and children
- Enjoys helping people and solving problems
- Has a passion for working with families and communities
- Is loving, caring, energetic and friendly
- Likes reading, storytelling, traveling, or tutoring young children?
Early Childhood Careers Business Partners include:
Grand Rapids Community College, AppleTree Learning Center, Kent ISD Early On, Lincoln School, White Early Child Care Center, YMCA, Orchard Hill Childcare center, Rainbow Childcare, Porter Hills
Come See Our Class in Action
Put facebook link here
Meet Our Instructors
Hello! My name is Elizabeth Mazur.
I have been teaching at Kent Transition Center since 2002. I began teaching in the Hospitality classroom then I taught 4 years in Business IT and now I am in Early Childhood Careers.
After I graduated from high school I worked and went to college. It took me a while, 20 years in a variety of Restaurant’s & Businesses, but finally I achieved my dream job – Teaching! I am married and have 3 boys and one girl. I am also a Grandma. J
My favorite thing about being a teacher
My favorite thing about being a teacher is getting to know my students and supporting them while they work toward their dreams. I enjoy teaching student’s new things, challenging them to grow in their learning, be kind to everyone and to make a difference.
My favorite thing about KTC
Kent Transition Center gives students hands-on opportunities to explore several career options before leaving High School, which is the greatest benefit to enrolling at KTC. Students also have the opportunity to meet students from all over Kent County, be a role model as part of our leadership team and contribute to our community.
- B.S. Ferris State University, Wage Earning Home Economics and Business Education
- M.A. Grand Valley State University, Special Education
If you have any questions about the program please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.