Meet Our Instructor
Hello! My name is Ryan Marklevitz, and I am the KTC Hospitality/Culinary Instructor. I have been at Kent ISD since 2009, working at both KCTC and KTC. Being a culinary instructor at Kent ISD has been a gift that I have enjoyed very much. Helping students succeed through hands on experiences is one of the best parts of my job. Along with my education and many years of experience in the culinary field, I am also a veteran of the United States Navy where I served on a submarine.
- 18 years of cooking and serving in numerous Michigan restaurants
- 4 years cooking on the USS Scranton
- Adjunct Professor for Grand Valley State University
- Master's in Educational Technology from Central Michigan University
- Bachelor's in Technical Education from Ferris State University
- Associate in Culinary from Grand Rapids Community College