Attending Kent Transition Center
Students who are attending a public, parochial or private school of the Kent ISD or are home schooled and meet the following criteria may be eligible to attend KTC:
- There is a two year maximum on programming at KTC (one year with a recommendation for year two programming)
- Students must be 16 years or older as of September 1 of the school year they are entering
- Students must be at least high school juniors
- Students enrolling and planning on two years must be less than 19 years of age on September 1 of the school year they are entering
- Students must be less than 20 years of age on September 1 of their last year of programming at KTC
Students are enrolled by their home school counselors. Students are not officially enrolled until a student profile packet is completed and returned to KTC. Race, sex, language, physical/mental disability, creed, color, national origan, age, amrital status or pregnancy does not restrict enrollment.