This page is intended to disseminate information to families about upcoming community events and resources.
- Mary Free Bed Adaptive Sports
- West Michigan Miracle League - baseball opportunity for kids with physical and mental disabilities.
ACT (formerly VSA) - Art Classes
- Comprehensive Therapy Center - therapy, fun clinics, family workshops
- There is a Facebook group through the Conductive Learning Center for families with children with motor disabilities such as cerebral palsy and spina bifida: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ceparentsgr/
- The Gideon Academic Center hosts an autism parent support group. See flyer for details.
- Family Hope Foundation works to connect families to resources. Check our community calendar on our website anytime to see what's happening!
- Spartan YMCA Family Hope Program: This program was started by two Dads who saw a need for more social-based programs for young adults. This program is intended for higher functioning ASD young adults and adults 17 years and older. It is free of charge and they have monthly themes. Please find their attached program schedule. If you are interested in attending and have any questions, you may contact Doug at email@example.com or 616-633-4533.
We are excited to announce our ACT Youth Art Summer Classes!
Our Art of Gardening class open to individuals ages 10-15 years old on Tuesday evenings from 4:00-5:00pm from June 7 to August 9 at the Carrier Street Community Garden
A Stop Motion Camp for individuals ages 6 to 10 from Monday, August 8 to Thursday, August 11 at the Grand Rapids Community Media Center
A Stop Motion Camp for individuals ages 10 to 15 from Monday, August 8 to Thursday, August 11 at the Grand Rapids Community Media Center
Lastly, Open Studio for individuals ages 5 to 15 on Thursday, June 23 from 6:00-8:00pm at the ACT Studio Attached you will find our class schedule and registration form.
Please make sure you register at least one week before the start of the class.
Please send registration and payment to ACT at 1140 Monroe, Suite 4101; Grand Rapids, MI 49503 or email the completed registration to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also register online here! We look forward to seeing you this summer!
- Indian Trails Camp - Sumer Day Camp Schedule is out. Also, check their website for all the other cool programming they offer!
- Camp Horizon - Please visit our website for more information: www.pioneerresources.org. Hover over Programs, and click on Camping and Recreation. On the left hand side there will be a link to Camp Horizon that will tell you what we are all about.
- Camp Roger
- Check out this Kent ISD compiled list: Summer Camps & Recreational Activities